Unhealed post haemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just saw my surg at 6weeks post op 

He says two wounds remain unhealed.  If they haven't healed in 4 weeks he will have to take me back to theatre and scrape away the granulated tissue

I'm so disheartened 

I dread another surgery no matter how small in that area. The recovery has been a nightmare

Please anyone who has had this issue???  How did you go afterwards from this clean out op??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Get a Second opinion??? In my case, I thought I had unhealed wound, it turned out to be a fissure. I did lots of research on fissure and am managing without a surgery. I’ve deveoped an infection though and am dealing with that now. You should get second opinion. Good luck.
    • Posted

Is that after you had a haemorrhoidectomy ??

I asked him if that meant I'm at risk of infection he said no.  It's just that I'll continue to bleed a little and have pain /pressure if the wounds don't heal 

• Posted

Yes, it was after my hemmoidectemy, which was 10 months ago. Doc gave me Rectiv for fissure and did not offer more surgery. Keep the area clean. Eat healthy. An infection is called abscess. I developed quite a few months after surgery. It is not too common. But good to know and watch for. 
  • Posted

Hi Sez

I'm sorry you still suffering. I can truly empathise .

I saw my surgeon last week he has prescribed me a course of ISMO tablets. Usually for the heart as it dilates the blood vessels after angina but he explained that if you crush them and mix with a anaesthetic cream and apply outside and in ( know that sounds impossible but you CAN do it ) it drastically improves blood flow to the site and heals wounds which struggle to heal .

Please I'm not a doctor but just repeating and doing. I've started the medicine which does give a slight headache as a side effect but I'm hoping it works to avoid further surgery . In my view I will try anything to avoid surgery .

Please call your doctor as he will know best if this is an option for you .

Sending you light and love ...

Wendy

• Posted

Oh Wendy thank you so much

I'm using rectogesic ointment which does exactly what you describe. It's heart meds on point form.  I only started using it as of last week as I was told (incorrectly) that it's unsafe in breastfeeding.  

So I'm hoping if I continue to use it I may avoid surgery

I have a 9week old baby and another lot of surgery is not what I need 😧😧

Did ur dr also say if this fails you may need a surgical clean out?? 

• Posted

Sorry that was a typo

It's heart meds in *ointment form *

• Posted

He just said that he will take another look in a months time .

Here's hoping

• Posted

Anyone had a clean out of an unhealed wound..?!   Anyone at all ? 

What was the recovery like ?  

• Posted

I'm on day 39. Seems im going backwards these last few days.

Im still in pain and have had the roids come back my second week after the surgery.. Gawd. This is the worse ever.. I dont want to go see surgeon again.. I cant even insert cream up my butt let along have some ass dr examine me..

This is brutal. Id rather have life on a bag now since this pain does not want to end. Ive tried going back to work this week and I've been in more pain this week then the past week.. Wth is going on..

So fed up now.. Still have to take a percocet as I cant work or get comfortable without taking one.

I take a stool softener so im not constipated (like i have been for 30 yrs or more.). Taking same Re Store A Lax for over a year now.. But yet soft stool feels like knives cutting me every bm since this surgery Oct 10 2017..

And now i have blood all week in bowl n stool..

I don't ever want to get this done again if i can help it.. Only way it will happen is if they keep me in hospital n on morphine drip .. This is insane.

• Posted

I am 16 days post op following a Haemorrhoidectomy and skin tag removal.

I am also feeling very disheartened as the day I had the op, I arrived home, checked in the mirror and my haemorrhoid was still there!! I cried, I just couldn’t believe it. Then I tried to be sensible thinking maybe it’s been banded instead of the excision my surgeon had told me about.

16 days later and haemmy is still here, causing me pain and discomfort after bm.

I despair. 😫

• Posted

Im am the same.. Now on day39.

Not healing..

Don't want to see surgeon as my insides n out are so sore.. I cant see any infection. Just roids again. And now this week blood after every bm where as after surgery i had very very little if any.. Its all coming about now .. Things are getting worse instead of better..

Pain daily.. Not as painful but at times i still need a pain pill as pressure with ache never ends..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.