She has no easy access to medical care due to her geographic location

The wound has existed for many years and is getting bigger

She thinks it was caused by a fall or scratch

The wound is about 10 cm by 4 cm

Any suggestions will be welcomed please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Michael. Is there not anyone at all who could get the Lady to a Doctor?It does look quite nasty and as it's now growing she really should see someone about this.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't attempt home remedies especially as she is 92. She really needs to see someone.

btw. Just as a matter of interest. Where is this would located?

• Posted

Excellent advice by Dannie.   This is not something to treat by yourself at home. This lady needs a qualified medic. Where is she?   UK?
  • Posted

This photograph looks likes he left hip area, just below the waist. If this is what we're seeing it is quite large. Bedsores can appear like this. It is quite disclosed. She needs immediate medical attention. 

If you're reading this, dear lady, please call the nearest hospital and advise them that you require immediate medical attention. If this is unsuccessful, call for an ambulance. Before doing so, make sure you have contacted a close friend or relative and advise them of your plight. If you have a cell phone, take both it and the charge cord with you as well as an overnight kit. 

If if you have a laptop or ipad take it along. Keep in touch with the people on this board, letting them know what is happening to you.

Best Regards,

the advocate

• Posted

Michael, I meant to write that the wound is discolored. (Built in spellcheckers!) This woman is in danger. Please do not tarry.
  • Posted

I hope you have taken everything people have said seriously.  This looks like a lesion which has become ulcerous, if not worse.  This could deteriorate into sepsis which could be very nasty.     Anything which does not heal over time is serious.       Are you able to phone or email a hospital or doctor for advice?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.