Uni placement. (Teaching degree)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, Well this is my first post so if it is all a jumble then apologies. I started placement on the 18th (Monday) and was there on Monday and Tuesday but I have been off yesterday and today. I am having issues with my IBS, I seem to be having a flair up. I am feeling very bloated and very uncomfortable while being constipated too. In the first 2 days of placement i had to rush out while in class as I needed the loo urgently. I am worried as I have heard if I am off for 4 or more days then I will fail placement. Does anyone have any advice, please?

Thanks

RD

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think your nerves are getting the better of you and you have to learn to relax so your IBS doesn't flare up so much. You said you had to rush out of class to use the bathroom, but you also say you are constipated. That is an indication that your nerves are getting the better of you. Are you now constipated or are you having the loose stools now?
  • Posted

Try symprove it's a drink of multiple good bacteria. I didn't have a single attack after a couple of days of taking it. It really can change your life.
  • Posted

if its linked to nerves or stress 

use a hypnoses cd daily for releaving anexity 

and try a weekly course of accupunture to treat the cause of the ibs 

if your loose use immodem to get you back in class if not deep slow breathing in thru the nose and out thru the mouth  

find the source of you problem nerves or food 

• Posted

you can use the breathing tecnic any time it does help even if you feel silly 

its hard because i suffer with bouts to mine linked to my fibro and high anixety  

• Posted

An urgent and private word in the Head Teachers ear might be advisable.

It is not your fault that you are ill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.