Universal credit

Posted , 3 users are following.

More stress!!!

When universal credit comes to my area  I know I will have to apply for u c but will I have to have another assessment 

Or does esa just transfer straight over 

Has you know I am stressing re esa50 dropping via letterbox !!!

So say if I am reassessed now will I have to go through it all again with transition to u c!!!

Is it the same amount 

More stress pls advise

Heard it’s coming to my area in June !!! Bloody ekk 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When UC comes to your area it won't affect you until the transfer process begins for those already claiming the old benefits like ESA. The only time it will affect you is if a change of circumstances mean you have to apply for UC. A change of circumstances can mean moving house to a full UC area or being found fit for work and your area being a full UC area.

Once the process starts and we all have to transfer across there will be a payment protection in place so those that are claiming the premiums will not be worse off. No assessment will be needed until the time comes for a re-assessment. In the meantime this process of transfering across is a long way off. My advice to you again happy is please don't worry. I will also have to transfer sometime in the future but i'm not worried. My area isn't even a full UC area yet. It could be years before we're migrated naturally. Just try to relax.

• Posted

You are such a wonderful lady once again thankyou 

People like you are my only support and means so so much 

Kind regards to you

You are a life line  a very good person thankyou x 

• Posted

You're very welcome! Thank you so much for those kinds words! I'm just happy to help anyone i can. Please do try to relax and if you have anymore questions i'll be here to answer them and help you all i can. Sleep well and take care! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.