universal credit support group backdated pay

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been on universal Credit now for over 12 months. In November 15 the doctor signed me off with anxiety and depression. I have been sending doctors notes in every month. I was sent a work capability assessment form around February 16. And I have only just had my assessment 7 months later. Does anyone know will i be entitled to backdated pay from the date I've filled the form in. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You wont get a back date that far back the max ive none them todo is 3months
    • Posted

I thought that. Also I am receivng pip standard rate am i entitled to a disability premium?

• Posted

Hi David

The first 13 weeks of your claim is the assessment phase at that point you should have had been issued with an ESA50 and shortly after faced a WCA. Due to backlogs that hardly ever happens and assessments are often months later.

If you are found to have limited capability for work and are placed in the support group then you would be entitled to the SG compoent of £30pw from the 14th week of your cliam until now, this is what you would receive in back payments.

If you live alone and no-one is in receipt of care allowance for you and you have no other income or savings above £6000 then you would be entilted to SDP if you are in receipt of standard or enhanced rate PIP. You don't have to wait for the outcome of your WCA to claim it and you were entitled to SDP from the date of your award for PIP.

I'm not sure how far it can be backdated although the last time I looked it was 1 month.

• Posted

Forgot to ask the 14th week of my claim is that 14 weeks after I filled the form in or is it from the date I filled my form in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.