Universal credits

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey can anyone tell me I went for a work capability assessment 5 weeks ago for universal credit how long do u usually wait for and also I first claimed it 10 of April will it be backdated to then if am awarded the high group 😀Thanks 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

There's no timescales to any decision. It really depends on the backlog in your area. You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with that report.

If you're placed in the LCWRA group then your money doesn't increase until week 14 of your claim, my calculations tell me that week 14 started last week for you.

If you're placed in the LCW group then there will be no back dated money because the rules changed for this April 2017.

You can of course be found fit for work too, if this happens then you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Denise.. where could I find phone number as I have tryed universal credit they were no help ...
    • Posted

No worries. I'm not sure what you mean by UC were no help because it's UC you're claiming that would be who you'll need to ring. What did they say when you rang them and did you ring for a copy of the report? If so did they refuse you a copy?

• Posted

I believe you can also leave a message on your online account and ask for a copy of the report.
    • Posted

Thanks Denise .they just say it with decision maker .if I rang again could they give me copy of report 😀

• Posted

No worries. Yes you should ring and ask for a copy of the report. I know it's stressful but i think as you only applied in April, it's be exceptionally quick. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi leeanbe I just went through the same as what u are I had my results in 6 wks exactly I heard that they are normally working in backlog so 6wks is pretty good also if u are successful back pay goes 14 wks after u first applied which u should get 7-10 days after u receive your confirmation letter .hope this helps too good luck 😊

• Posted

Thank you. I rang today they told me I was put on the higher group but won't be any backdated in ..thanks

• Posted

You're welcome. Great news! Yes LCWRA wouldn't be backdated for you because your decision was within the 13 week assessment period. Your money will increase though from week 14, which will be next payment most likely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.