Unknown

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.i have been peri for about 6 years.my last period was a year ago.i went through a stage a few months back of hot flushes and anxiety but they have pretty much stopped.i am anxious now on what is going on.i know I should be relaxed but I keep thinking this is the lull before the storm.do things get worse  now?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am post meno, no periods for 14 months.

now i get flushes on and off, other things like vaginal dryness, etc, it doesnt end, i still have blip days etc, i dont think we ever feel like we did before peri again, we are functioning on low hormones, which nature intended.

I dont take HRT

I was confirmed post meno after. Gyno well woman check and scan. 

Just have to make the best of it. And be kind to yourself .. 

I am age 50

Big hugs

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks I am 52 and I don't intend taking hrt.i want nature to take care of itself.i do take vitamins.haf all the scans and blood tests and everything is normal but it's just not knowing what is going to happen next.keep positive x
    • Posted

Hi linda 

Because we are similar in post meno time, 

And we are more or less only just post meno. We still have abit more adjusting to do yet..  Early days.. 

be kind to yourself, eat healthy as you can, 

i remember my gyno saying a couple of months ago after scan, he said my uterine wall was thin and 4mm ( post meno) but it may thin more yet, so on that info we arent quite in the settled low hormone zone quite yet.

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I was peri for at least ten years and had my last period 16 months ago. I'm 56. What a scary time it was for me. I used to work so hard at knowing myself and then I lost myself, go figure. biggrin

No meds whatsoever. Lots of stress and a few emigrations. All very unsettling, but when I read other women's accounts they feel that way even if they are married with kids.

Some (post)menopausal women, even years after their last period, still have regular hot flushes, but I have not. Lately I haven't had any. I eat healthily, exercise daily (just walks with the dog in the forest) and drink about 1 1/2 liters of white wine a week.

Eating healthily is important, like Jay says, but this is all relative. Some people can stomach red meat easily whereas others can't digest it. So you need to go with what works for you. I've been avoiding chemical additives since I was 30 and I bake and cook all the time and never eat junk food. I do not smoke. Lately I drink mineral water, not huge amounts.

Because I felt mentally paralysed I saw my GP early this year and he suggested trauma therapy because of many years of extreme stress in my life. I had this and afterwards I started a Mindfulness program (30 hours of training, 3 at a time, in a group).

It should at least stop unnecessary fretting! wink

• Posted

Hi Kimimila 

your like me with your 10 year peri..

i only ever had flushes and night sweats in very early peri .. but ..

mine returned this summer just day flushes .. brought on by the very hot spanish summer heat, which never effected me in previous years..

i am post meno now and this summer has been bad for day flushes 

think its more down to an individuals hypothalamus gland when hormones decline ( estrogen decline) the hypothalamus gland gets fooled into thinking your overheated and causes you to have hot flushes and increased sweating.... so depends on a womens actual estrogen decline rate etc .. 😢 and how it effects each women personally..

the flushes have dropped off now its a nice cooler temp here ..

anxiety is a very common problem both peri and post meno, but i managed to keep mine at bay with B6 and i dont drink alcohol or smoke , 

i just stay positive as much as I can, and enjoy my time as much as possible ..

had stresses of life too, but have to keep positive like you say..

have a great afernoon Kim 😊

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.