Unknown disorder

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 24 year old, who is currently in search of a job living with my parents in Hyderabad, India. Since my completion of Btech in 2015 june, i have been sitting idle at the house preparing for job exams and interviews.

In the end of October 2016, While i was studying, i noticed that i started getting a wierd feeling which felt like a dense drop was flowing through penis, so i went to the bathroom and took a p*ss (i forced it). 2-3 days passed by and it was still there and it was constant. I went to the Urologist and he immediately suggested a CT scan Kub plain and a Retrograde Urethrogram, both of which the results came back normal. He then gave me some medication for 10 days for bladder spasms, after 10 days i came back to him as now the drip feeling had gone away but urge to urinate had begun. Not that the bladder was full but even after urinating i felt like it hadn't emptied and there was still some urine left in the penis. he then again gave me meds for 10 days, and this time i returned back to him as I was getting wierd side effects (e.g. Testicular pain, groin pain, morning nausea, vomiting). I noticed that he started getting slightly irritated and then eventually gave me an antidepressant (tryptomer 10mg). 

I was suffering more from the side effects than the actual problem. A month passed by and i noticed the testicular pain had slowly started to vanish and no more nausea and vomiting, I decided not to go to him as he had tried everything including UTI meds, Overactive bladder etc. he told me to reduce stress. 

2 more months passed by and i had actually started living with the problem of feeling to urinate all the time. My parents got worried and we went to another doctor about a week ago. I told him that i have this problem for past 5-6 months and i tried all meds and nothing works. He gave one look at me and said, "The problem is in your mind, it is psycological and you need no medication" . Even though i smiled right back at him, I was worried as i was blank. He then gave me Normaxin which is  Chlordiazepoxide, Clidinium Bromide, and Dicyclomine. I came back and started using this and maybe i do see a small change but still there so please suggest me what to do to make this dissapear, it is in my mind! and i don't seem to have stress but apparently to both the doctors i do...plz help!!

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Contine to see a doctor take charge and find what's causing your issues. Even a medical physiatrist can help you never discount the power of these professionals. Hand confidence in youself and the doctor read up,on your symptoms and lean more about what questions to ask. Best of all set you iPhone on record at doctors appts it help to hear them later at home in a more relaxed atmosphere and helps with a better understanding! 

• Posted

Thanks i will, but i think i should go see a psychologist though. Thats what my urologists told me
    • Posted

Great good job. Keep posting .

take care and hoping you figure this out soon.

• Posted

I feel for you as I had simillar problems like this before and even worse.

Urinary incontience, urge, couldn't sleep, wanted to go bathroom all the time, not fully emptying my bladder. I had the scopy thingy and everything seemed normal. Some started to suggest that it is psychological even though I was sure it was not . After seeing several doctors, there was this one genious who figured what I had . He diagnosed me with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction .

He gave perscription for a muscle relaxant called baclofen . It made all the symptoms dissapear but it made me look like a zompie , so I switched to another Muscle relaxant called Carisoprodol which is fine somehow. I am now on Diazepam (I only take it for 2 weeks and gradually drop it at the third one because it has dependence/withdrawal thingy(all muscle relaxents must be dropped gradually). Then I switch to another muscle relaxant and back to diazepam after about 2 weeks). The magical type of medication for me was the muscle relaxent. I suggest you do some reserach about it before trying anything of them.

• Posted

Hi, I just read through this and obviously I have no idea if it could be a physical condition and the doctors have missed something, but if not, maybe it could be a psychosomatic disorder? Do you often feel anxious or low, or have any problems in your life? You don't have to answer these questions publicly, but if yes to any of these, you could be treated for anxiety or depressive symptoms e.g. medication, and the physical symptoms may subside. This might not help at all but it's a thought x

• Posted

Hey eb1148, Actually I don't really know if i feel anxious or low, but maybe my body does. I simply can't tell if i am stressed or not, how can someone tell? I am more concerned about my health and worry a lot about it, which makes this a loop. So i need to know whether to see a psyciatrist or psycologist? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.