Unknown Heart(?) problem after to much Ritalin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I’m Kenny a 28 year old male.

Last week I took high amounts of Ritalin with alcohol for 4 days.

After that I started to feel a strong urge to deeply inhale and didn’t get the satisfying feeling afterwards I also started to wheeze. The following day I had an “attack” it started with a tingling sensation around my nose spreading over my face, soon after I started shaking and my heart rate went extremely high and I felt like I’m about to pass out (or even die) this lasted for about 10 minutes and slowly disappeared, I had similar attacks over the following days but every day weaker.

After the first symptoms I completely stopped taking anything and even reduced smoking to a minimum. Because the symptoms stayed consistent I went to the hospital after 3 days. They did a couple tests but couldn’t find anything.

Now it is 10 days after my last consume the “attacks” disappeared but the shortness of breath came back every day for some h. I also have a constant feeling of confusion which gets stronger in waves every couple hours.

Does anyone know what it could be or what I could do against it? The hospital costed me 1000$ and didn’t help at all the health insurance make it very hard to get any money back so I don’t want to go back if I can avoid it.

Thank you for any help, I’m really starting to get very desperate.

PS, I started to write a journal with all symptoms over the last days and also just bought a blood pressure monitor, and can provide those informations if necessary

Kind Regards

Kenny

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Be healthy and look at everything that could make your body, heart rate and mental health more effective and greater.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.