Unknown Illness, can anyone help with diagnosis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering with some form of mystery sickness for the past two weeks now and as it approaches the third week, I'm growing concerned and desperate.

It seems to be random, every few hours or so I get hit with bouts of diziness, I begin to feel faint as if I am about to pass out too. This is usually accompanied by stomach ache and feelings of nausea and diarrhea - despite me not being physically sick or having diarrhea.

Things seem to be worse when I'm standing or sitting unsupported for long periods of time. I've been quite pale recently and I've also noted that my guns seem to be paler than they ought to be.

I have exams in little over three weeks time and my illness seems to be growing worse opposed to clearing up so I'm quite obviously desperate for answers and hopefully some form of diagnosis and cure.

Thank you for your time and help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Look up postural hypotension, also vasovagal triggers. Take care you may faint suddenly. stay hydrated and enuf salt.
    • Posted

I've just looked them up and they could have something to do with it, thanks for your time and concern, I'll mention it to the doctor when I see him on Thursday.
  • Posted

A few more details please.

Does the dizziness get worse when you stand up from a sitting position?

Do you have vertigo (a feeling of rotation or straight movement, or the environment is moving relative to you)?

What exams will you do?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Yes, it seems to be worse when standing however I'm not experiencing vertigo. I'm not sure if it's related but I have noticed the appearance of strange pale orange patches with red speck on my skin over the past few weeks and haven't thought anything of it until just now.

Also I will be sitting 21 exams consisting of GCSEs and two AS levels, the first one being in just over a month so I'm quite desperate for diagnosis and treatment at this point.

• Posted

Hi Joanne,

Sounds like you could be anemic. Dizziness and pale gums are common symptoms. Tiredness too from the stress of your exams. See your doctor for a blood test. If it is anemia he can give you medication.

Good luck with your exams.

• Posted

Thank you, I've a doctor's appointment on Thursday so I'll have to see if it is Anemia, I suspect it is but I'd need a diagnosis to be sure smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.