unknown inflammation, any idea please?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've just made profile here, and I sure hope that I don't spam topic, but I would appreciate any help, idea or suggestion.

My girlfriend got a bit higher temperature last Saturday (around 37.5 degC), with unusually severe muscle pain (especially back pain), and a bit of throat pain. On Monday we did preventive blood test, just to check if it's some minor viral infection, but we got Crp levels over 180, and WBC count at 19000. At clinic for infectious diseases, physical examination excluded brain, and abdomen infections, but there was very discrete murmur at the base of her lungs (but no cough at all).

She got antibiotics therapy (Ciprofloxacin, plus Cefixime). After 3 days of therapy, crp levels were over 200, lung murmur a bit stronger, after that she was sent to the ER.

X-ray chest scan was clean (!?), as well as abdomen scan, after that she did heart echo and it showed heart muscle movement to be slightly inert for her age, but the infection doesn't seem to be primarily located in the heart since heart muscle walls do not look damaged, so they are not sure if it's bacterial Myocarditis, which is the "main suspect" for now.

Now they treat her (since today) with IV ABs (Ceftriaxone, plus Ciprofloxacin). Her temperature spikes over 39 degC, while temperature increase is followed by severe body pain (she can barely move).

I'm sorry for clumsy English (since I'm not native speaker), and any error in medical terms (since I'm not medically educated), but if anyone has an idea, or need additional info, and willing to help - please do.

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ive not any clue what's wrong with her, have you been oversees recently? she may of contracted a nasty bacterial infection. 

our thoughts are with you 

best wishes 

carol 

• Posted

Thank you very much.

We haven't been at any exotic location recently.

• Posted

Hi How are things going now any improvement?

​beast wishes carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.