Unknown mass in sclera

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have seen 2 doctors so far. They do not know what is that lump inside my eye.

It is a soft white lump in sclera which is a bit on my cornea as well. No symptoms.

Did not go away with medicine. Has no vessels. And its 100% on the surface, it doesnt have a root inside the eye.

They told me straight up they have no idea, they have never seen it before. They ruled out pterygium because it doesnt start near the nose and it doesnt have vessels.. They ruled out penincuela because its soft and white.

Any ideas please? Anyone with a similar experience?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Conjunctival cyst possibly?? Have your doctors suggested a biopsy? Does it bother you in any way..eg dry eye, problem closing lid, sight disturbance?

• Posted

yes, he took it out and said it was kind of a cyst. it had water in it, but it was also a bit thick so he thinks it might have been a cyst with a bit of pterygium because of the thickness. didnt really fit any diagnosis but he didnt suggest a biopsy. because he said there was no inflammation and no vessels... we will see how it goes...

• Posted

i also had no other symptom at all. just a white jelly like bump. no pain, no itchiness

• Posted

Just a thought...have you had an injury to your eye at any time in the past?

• Posted

yes. i had. and people have also spat in my eye by mistake in the last few weeks lol. but also i have extremely dry eyes.

• Posted

Hope you are looking after your dry eyes well.Lots of lubricant drops.

• Posted

Just wanted to say that this is might be a bit more sinister. The cyst was taken out. But now it came back already within a week and now the docs suspect there might be something dodgy inside the eye. It has no cancerous appearance at all. However, it is sinister..

Just wanted to point it out in case someone ever comes across a similar situation.

Biopsy is the only way to go. Even if something looks 100% innocent and clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.