Unknown medical problem, not CFS but neck muscle problems related to.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so I have had a rough 3 years, if you read my history of posts you will see I posted in CFS a lot. I do not believe I have CFS now after the past month of therapy. I started having severe neck pains on my right half near where my jugular is early this summer in May. My DR put me in anti inflame pills in late May and a few others but they never helped? June-August I got better and worse at the same time, I saw a physical therapist in August.

After spending 1 month with him and $1,200 to my insurance I have been the healthiest I have been in 3 years. I have been at the gym once or twice a week since September which I haven't done in about two years. Yet my problem lingers and its not 100% health and sometimes it flares back up. Granted I am not doing everything I did when I saw my PT, I have since stopped. I probably should go back to it but I wanted to see if it would clear up on its own. He said the right half of my necks muscle is enlarged/bigger than the left half. He did notice it improved after I saw him and I could turn my neck better. It was bad during the months before I saw him, sometimes turning my neck would cause me to have anxiety/panic during a flare up but other times I would be perfectly okay.

Recently I have started running as part of a new job I am taking, this is the hardest physical endurance I have been under in years. I ran a 11 minute mile, but I am still getting flare ups every now and then. The problem is I still would like to know if anyone else has something similar? Most of the symptoms are similar to CFS yet most have gone away this year. I am still getting neck pain on the right half of my neck and behind the right ear.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I see it's been 9 months since you posted this but, I have a similar problem. Had CFS for a year which included severe fatigue, IBS, Depression and multiple other symptoms. All of those are now gone but in the last month or so I have had neck pain similar to what you describe. Also shoulder pain and sore throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.