Unknown Oral issue, please help identify

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive began to develop, over a week, tiny red spots/lumps on the end, top, and sides of my tongue. Ive also developed new bumps and lumps on the back of my tongue near to my uvula. Along with this im finding swallowing more uncomfortable than usual and i feel a tightness in my throat. Ive recently performed oral sex on a girl and im worried that i may have an sti such as HPV. Any advice or educated guesses at what it could be would be appreciated! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you can, post an image. It will help readers better understand your situation.

First, I would have a doctor swab your throat to rule out any bacteria infections, which include STI infections. Be honest with your doctor about what happened. Based on your description, it sounds like you may inflamed papillae, but I am taking a shot in the dark here.

Not that oral HPV often has NO symptoms. Not all cases, but this is the common thought about this virus. People do have a possibly of getting warts in the mouth (typically when people realize they have HPV) but this does not sound like your situation. 

• Posted

Okay, thankyou for the help, im on my iphone How do i add a photo? Can i only add one on a computer?
    • Posted

yes... you need to add a photo from a tablet or computer. you cannot add a photo from a phone.
    • Posted

You really need to see a dentist first to see if he can identify any issues and secondly if there is a problem biopsy is the most recommend in knowing for sure if you have any sti’s 
  • Posted

Your tongue looks normal to me: it could have always looked like that, it just that now you are zooming in on every detail because of your anxiety. But then again, I’m not an expert whatsoever, so it’s probably best to just check with your doctor/wait for other replies.

About the swallowing thing, anxiety is known to cause the feeling of a throat lump so that could just be the effects of your stress.

Whatever it is, don’t worry! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.