Unknown Pain, anyone familiar symptoms (back, hip, groin , calf)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

I just wondering about anyone else suffering something similar. Ive had 3 mri's and lucky to have them all clear. but....

i suffer from back spasms and lower back ache. but the strange things are i get pain behind my hip and over the groin which is more inconsistent and nerve like, also achey cold joints on the left side. a tingle in my left calf when sleeping. My discs are fine. The docs dont seem convinced, but this pain is real!

has anyone had EMG / NERVE testing for a back or hip?

any ideas?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your SI joints looked at? But, anyway. I have a lot of hip pain and it goes to my calves. Not exactly like the sciatica pain but an unusual pain.

• Posted

But I do have my L5 S1 joints fused

• Posted

i did have my sij injected over 8 weeks ago. just diagnostic but didnt work.

thanks Marc

• Posted

hello David,

I had emg which showed sciatic nerve damage that i got from having hip surgery. you may want to consider having that test done to rule out possible nerve issue.

good luck

let us know how you are doing

Jackie

• Posted

the nerve conduction test will be your best bet. also google human spine and the nerves at each dics and if they are pinched, damaged etc. where you will feel the pain. very informative for your battle to better health. Remember if you feel it, it is! You are not a whimp you are a warrior fighting for your health. Your drs are under oath to help you find the solutions to your symptoms. If the drs you are working with dont have the knowledge to help you they should willingly find you drs whose fields can help you obtain the best health for your circumstances. best of luck, be persistent with your health providers their job is to help you. they take an oath to that very concept.

• Posted

It's a hard process to go thru. I fell 17 feet off a roof landing on my head. Shattered my neck and broke shoulder, elbow, wrist. Low back was previous. I have anchors, screws cages and plates from C7 thru C3. I have anchors in in my shoulder and 2 wrist surgeries one of which they took 2 bones out of my wrist. And an elbow surgery. And waiting yet another neck surgery.

Anyway, the spine is a very complex system and I'm still trying to figure out with multiple surgeons to fix the pain and symptoms from nerve pain

I elect to go without pain meds because all of them make me sick to my stomach. I mean after a surgery I'll take them for maybe a week or so after. They give me tachacardia too. Not a good feeling.

I pray and hope you find cause of your problems and get them fixed. But really research anything a dr. Says to you and research the dr. As well. Success rates.

Well get well

• Posted

wow you really are going through a lot, have you tried cbd oil? I had to stop all the opiods they made me so sick and took a big chunk of my life, I'm still new to cbd so I'm hoping I find one that works well soon, good luck😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.