unknown STD

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was infected with chlamydia by a prostitute in Phnom Penh in 2013. I was cured from the Chlamydia but afterwards I had symptoms that didnt go away.

These symptoms were chronic pain in my body. It was in areas approximately where the lymph nodes are. The pain was constant.

After two years in 2015 the symptoms changed to chronic symmetric joint pain. I had pain in my fingers, toes, knees, hands, feet and elbows. I also got extra pain after using my joints like pain in the knees after walking etc.

One year later in 2016 I have reduced strength in my fingers due to the pain. Indicating that the pain is not just painful but also damages my joints.

I have also since 2013 when I got infected had problem with dry eyes.

I have been to numerous doctors to try to get the disease diagnosed. I have been tested for known STDs and many other diseases. All negative. The only thing that they have been able to find is that I have CD8 activation. Apart from that my blood status is normal.

CD8 activation can be seen in for example chronic infections.

Please comment if you have any idea what this could be and the prognosis.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Somewhere in all that testing, specifically the bloodwork, do you know if you had ELISA done. Also, was your bloodwork checked for the Rheumatoid factor and MS?

Just feeling it out. Kinda sounds like an auto-Immune issue.

• Posted

Elisa is not a specific test. It depends on which antigen that is tested against. There are different Elisa. I have been HIV tested and HTLV tested yes. Regarding Rheumatoid factor it is negative. MS I dont know what test that is. 
  • Posted

If you google unknownstd and find freeforums you will see that thousands of people suffer from something similar. As yet the cause has not been definitively established. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Matt. I have never had Chlamydia but my symptoms are similar. I know i have a parasitic infection with an unnamed nematode. I have been to at least 15 doctors. Four of them were Infectious Disease docs. I was already diagnosed with Celiac 8 yrs ago but was never verified by endoscopy. I have been eating gluten free ever since but I'm still having other issues. I finally talked one doc into prescribing me Albendazole (she also gave me Ivermectin) & had me take both at the same time. She also want ed me to refill scripts & take again after 2 wks. I never was able to do that....As two days after the first round was complete the balls of my feet blew up!. Both feet. I called her and she told me not to refill. I called her a week later (after swelling went down) and she said she can't help me. That was Jan. 2015. I now have intermittent joint pain & swelling in fingers, knees, ankles, feet, inside of arm by elbow and also lymph swelling & extreme fatigue. I'm not completely sure but i think maybe whatever parasite i have, scattered to get away from meds & moved throughout my body(?) I don't know what else to think...I just recently had blood work done and it said i was negative for Rheumatoid Arthritis but my TSH was really high. I went to Endocrinologist and she won't give me any Thyroid meds..(?) and they still want me to follow up with Rheumatologist anyway. I don't know what advice to give you. I feel they (drs) don't really know much & they treat us all the same....maybe find a functional doctor?? I would appreciate any suggestions from you or anyone else as to what i should do now....

• Posted

This is extremely common. There is a forum (google freeforums and unknownstd) with similar stories. As a long-term sufferer you have my sympathy.
  • Posted

Hi Matt. Very similar situation to me but I was infected in Gambia. I also have raised CD8 so now I have an inverted CD4 CD8 ratio of 0.74. Very similar symptoms. Only thing the Drs found was high CMV egg titre of 200 any thing above 5 is considered positive. Have you checked that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.