Unknown std... any idea ?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hey,

I have been reading this forum for a while.

I am a 24 years old male.

I had an unprotected sexual intercourse with a female in Chile two years ago. Three weeks later : fever for a day or two followed by an oral thrush. 6 weeks later : explosive diarrhea, fever for about 5 days. Maybe i should mention that I had an extreme food poisoning two weeks before my exposure during a trip in Bolivia.

Few months after, I had a recurring pain in the left knee (still painful sometimes). A year after the exposure, I had something like kidney stones (pain, etc) but echography did not show anything. Bloodwork showed elevated TSH though (hypothyroidism, which is uncommon for someone my age).

Right now, my symptoms are: a lot of blood in stool (for a few months now), constipation, dry skin, extreme fatigue, alcohol intolerance, extreme dandruff, white tongue, recurring hairline spots in my neck, chest pain (I think there are more).

I have been of course tested for HIV multiple times up to 18 months post exposure.

I don't know what's wrong with my body.

what do you guys think? lyme ? any retroviruses ?

Cheers to everyone !

thank you very much for your help smile

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When you say three weeks later then sex weeks later is that a total of nine weeks later or at the six week mark?
  • Posted

Hi frank sounds alot like me two years ago Mt loses diagnosis not from a doctor been to more than I can count all misdiagnosis then I'm delusional or I have parasytosis .however with alot research from a friend on here led me to research strongyloides and flukes I have taken ivermectin to get rid of these parasites and many different remedies and parasite diet with no help I have come across something that just seems unreal but check out morgellans pinter eat has good info on it good luck and hope you don't have any of these it's been miserable

• Posted

thank you very much for your reply !!

did you catch it after a sexual encounter ?

• Posted

Hi,

I'm going through the same as you!

I don't believe this is an STD either.

I think I'm getting close to working it out also.

Inbox me and we can talk.

• Posted

Blood in stool -   indicates you may have some hemorrhage ... due to various reasons/infections/autoiimune reactions

pimples in neck maybe Lymph node infections. 

chest pain ... ? 

HIV status ? 

• Posted

Hey,

Blood in stool have resolved by itself.

My HIV status is negative so far (I've done five 4th generation tests up to 18 months post exposure), but still worried the tests has missed something...

• Posted

It can be a combination of GI retroviruses, shigella (massive diarrhea) and/or STI. 

You need to get a though GI and STI panel lab work done. 

IF you have done it by now , I am sure you know the cause and treated for it. 

• Posted

Hi frank.

Have you figured out anything as recommended by rocky. I also have similar issues please update.

• Posted

Hello,

Still not, as my symptoms subsided a little I got on with my life for a bit.

I am going to the doc this week to order a full screening of STD, I will keep you updated

• Posted

Hi Frank,

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering and glad to see your response.

Well, i have improved alot, had lot of symptoms in the first year of my exposure. now almost its more than 20 months. Current symptoms are accosional sore in mouth, bones / muscle ache similar symptoms with my wife and kids.

but i am almost started moving with my life. Herbs and millet foods helped me to increase my immunity and heal my gut. 

All the best, keep posting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.