Unlisted Side Effects of Tramadol?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took Tramadol for bad back pain. I had the following side effects when I took the prescribe amount, when I stopped taking them they went away. I may have been unlucky as I don't see many other posts listing the same problems:

1. Eyes rolling up into my head.

2. Voice dropping unusually deep and low.

3. Becoming semi conscious (hearing sensitive like last thing at night before falling asleep and mind fully awake). Unable to keep eyes open, almost impossible to move. The conscious mind struggles to get the body to respond to its requests. Breathing becomes regular as if asleep.

The semiconsciousness could be fixed by lying down flat for around 20-30 minutes. Mental alertness and hearing are turned on during this time.

I took codeine before taking tramadol with no effects and when I took codeine again after having been on tramadol I did have side effects.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I wasn't able to take tramadol after 2 pm as otherwise it would stop me breathing when I tried to sleep and therefore I kept startling everytime I lost consciousness. It's a horrible drug and highly addictive.
  • Posted

i have had no problem with tramadol, i took them for pain about 3years ago and when the pain eased after a few weeks stopped taking them without any problems. i now take them again for pain and once again no problems, just take them when i need them.
  • Posted

Tramadol can cause sudden seizures in some patients. Although this is only usually at very high doses (> 400mg) in some patients it can cause seizures at lower doses as an adverse reaction.

It sounds like the OP described a partial or full seizure.

Tramadol also has a very long list of drug interactions, and many drugs can significantly lower the seizure threshold of 400mg.

For these reasons, it's best to start the dosage low (25mg) and gradually increase it in 25mg steps, rather than take a higher dose.

f taking other medications, you should definitely consult with a doctor if taking Tramadol unsupervised or unprescribed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.