UNRELAX

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi girls, are you relax in bed because I can't seem to stay quiet at times till I try and drop off so horrible while you are trying to settle down, my Dr now gave me a few sleeping tablets to help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My husband was given some sleeping pills to relax at night and it works for him.  I have been taking magnesium before bed and sometimes Valerian root.  I have no problems getting right to sleep.
  • Posted

Hi Maria.. .

I sometimes have difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep.

A friend recommended magnesium spray and there is also magnesium drink. Both are available in health shops and possibly pharmacies.

Google them and read up.

Hope this helps

Dora

• Posted

Herbal aids have done absolutely nothing for my insomnia. May as well eat celery for sleep. I have to take 30mg Tamazapam to get a few hours. Chronically fatigued. Is there no end to this? Doesn't seem to be in my case. I am obviously very down at the moment. Sorry. Over two years of this s**t and I am p****d my life is gone.

• Posted

I can relate! My insomnia is severe. Nothing natural helps. I have benzodiazepines for occasional use but can’t depend on them of course. I find magnesium spray helps my restless legs a little bit but not for sleep. I wish I had answers but wanted to post and say you are not alone!! 
  • Posted

I've tried Dr.Strauss Valerian tea from health shop and actually works!! Only took it the once as found it potent.

It said to drink a cup full but could feel effect after half cup!

I found this very similar to sleeping tablets so be careful.

Speak to your doctor and see what they recommend.

Dora x

• Posted

I bought the tablets today and took one so I'm hoping they will work

• Posted

Hi Maria when I first starting experiencing the horrible unsettled unrelaxed feeling youre talking about when going to bed (it's confusing when you go to lie down and rest but that's when you feel more unsettled and nervy) I started a strict regime that has finally helped me sleep better.. .a 40 min bath with Epsom salts and calming essential oils (lavender chamomile clary sage ylang ylang bergamont) whilst listening to meditation music . An hour before bed a glass of blended celery juice and a glass of tarte cherry juice, lots of lavender oil on my pillow and sheets...and i avoid anything that will stimulate me...like tv or phone or even talking to anyone (during the day lots of seeds and stints of walking and moments of 'stillness and quiet and deep breathing) this has since helped me get to sleep and stay asleep for longer. Hope it helps you if you try. Ps I also take magnesium supplements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.