Unsettling symptoms of late....!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Greetings to all. I am a 51 yo female somewhere in the midst of either the approach to or the actual "change"....periods have been heavier and somewhat irregular for about 2 years now, increasing irregularity past several months. My question is more on some (perhaps) unusual symptoms I have been having recently....

Upon awakening I have been intermittently experiencing a strange vertigo/tinnitus for a short period of time--it is hard to describe, almost like a pulsatile sensation in my head (but not regular, i.e. timed with my pulse) where my hearing and my perception are sort of muffled,,,,almost like my head is a radio trying to tune into a station--that sounds weird, but it's kind of hard to describe the sensation. This "pulse" happens intermittently every 5-10 seconds and appears to be self limiting when I am fully awake in 15 minutes or so. Not painful but unpleasant, makes me a bit nauseous. Been having a hard time referencing this as possibly attributable to hormones, unlike my other Fun Experiences such as eyes as dry and painful as a cracked bone, constipation, and zero libido. My other differential is that this weird symptom is autoimmune, there is a lot of these types of disorders in my family, it has occurred to me I may have Sjogrens as I also have peripheral positional numbness and some other symptoms that are c/w this. Just seeing if anyone else has experienced the strange "radio" symptoms, or if it's likely something else....thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes Ma'am, I have had this symptom on and off for the last couple of years. it is quite annoying..

• Posted

Upon awakening I have been intermittently experiencing a strange vertigo/tinnitus for a short period of time--it is hard to describe, almost like a pulsatile sensation in my head (but not regular, i.e. timed with my pulse) where my hearing and my perception are sort of muffled,,,,almost like my head is a radio trying to tune into a station--that sounds weird, but it's kind of hard to describe the sensation. This "pulse" happens intermittently every 5 fedloan-10 seconds and appears to be self limiting when I am fully awake in 15 minutes or so. Not painful but unpleasant, makes me a bit nauseous. Been having a hard time referencing this as possibly attributable to hormones, unlike my other Fun Experiences such as eyes as dry and painful as a cracked bone, constipation, and zero libido. My other differential is that this weird symptom is autoimmune, there is a lot of these types of disorders in my family, it has occurred to me I may have Sjogrens as I also have peripheral positional numbness and some other symptoms that are c/w easybib this. Just seeing if anyone else has experienced the strange "radio" symptoms, or if it's likely something else....thanks!

issue solved!!

• Posted

yep! What you described is what I have experienced in the last few years...intermittently. Sometimes it hits out of nowhere during the day. i know other women who have this. We've all been checked out and it appears on the list of 66 menopausal symptoms.

• Posted

yep! What you described is what I have experienced in the last few years...intermittently. Sometimes it hits out of nowhere during the day. i know other women who have this. We've all been checked out and it appears on the list of 66 menopausal symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.