Unspecifc Urethritis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started going to toilet to pee a lot. No pain, no discharge. Two days later, I went to a urologist, who pointed out that it could be a urethritis. I was feeling a pression 3 inches bellow my belly bottom, some urethritis disconfort. No strong pain, no discharge.

The physician requested a simple urine test, urine culture (First Void Urine and second urine), a gram analysis, PCR for gonnorrhea and chlamydia, mycoplasma/ureaplasma culture, herpes serology, a trichomonas/fungi microscopy analysis and a blood analysis. He prescribed azythromycin 1g and doxyciclin 100 mg (7 days - twice a day).

The results were as follow:

Culture of urine (FVU and second): no bacteria grow

Gram: no bacteria and no polymorphonuclear leukocytes detect

PCR for C and G: negative

Mycoplasma/ureaplasma culture: negative

Fungi: negative

Trichomonas: negative

Blood analysis: normal (all category leukocytes)

Herpes IGG/IGM: reactive/no reactive (I had some herpes 1 on teenager age)

After the initial treatment, the disconfort inside the urethra is lower, but it's still going on... the pression bellow the belly bottom continues, I feel some pain on abdomen . There is no evidence of herpes on my penis (outside). No discharge.

The physician prescribed mode doxyciclin. All the lab analysis were repeated on a different lab, but the results were the same.

1. What could it be? Could it be a psychological urethritis?
  2. I started to read about herpes or adenoviruses urethritis... what is the best lab analysis to discover it?
  3. I also read that culture isn't a good way to evaluate mycoplasmas/ureaplasma, and PCR is a better way. Should I ask a new analysis to my urologist?
  4. Is the fresh microscopy a good way to evaluate trichomonas or is there a better lab analysis?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm experiencing something very similar, i have urethral discomfort, a dull pain on the pelvic floor, and sometimes very rarely it stings when i pee, also urethra feels sore. I have been tested with both urine culture and swab test and all of the results came back negative. I think the pain is worse when I'm stressed or tired but it could be unrelated..

• Posted

what did you find you had? are you better? i have similar symptoms for more than two months now, please answer help!

• Posted

hi times, did your symtoms start after a sexual encounter or randomly?

• Posted

you should request a ultrasound of the bladder if u are have low abdo pain aswel

• Posted

hi,

did you find out anything in the end? i currently have a tingle kinda feeling in the urethra and head of the penis. no pain or discharge. tested for Chlamydia, gonorrhea, mycoplasma and trichomonas. every came back negative. also urine test and full blood count. both of them came back normal. doctor prescribed me 1g of azithromycin as a precaution for when i got tested for STIs but still i have this tingling irritation feeling in the penis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.