Unsuccessful botox treatment for anal fissure

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi all well I had my botox injections in February which alas hasn't worked I now find myself back to square one and to top it all I have that many skin tags around the outside now I'm struggling to use any gtn creams so sick of this constant pain and of being terrified to go toilet I don't want to eat sad seen a horrible doc as my surgeon was away and can't believe he discharged me in this mess feeling so sad and pained atm

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Everyone is describing ALL of my pain. Does anyone know what caused the spasm in the first place?

Post Botox and fissure repair. Day off , what should I expect

• Posted

Hi gingerD --

I was in pain for 3-4 weeks post-op. The pain really got better about 6 weeks after. The fissure is still healing so I'm going in for a second round of Botox in a few weeks.

There's the rawness of the cut then the pain of the spasms. By 6 weeks, I was feeling almost normal, at least some of the time. I'm still on Meloxicam to cut any extra pain. Also, I still take laxative & stool softener. But I can basically do everything I need to do.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, Can you please answer something for me? I am scheduled to have botox tomorrow and I am a bit nervous of it making my fisssure worse. Was the pain you had for 3 to 4 weeks additional pain caused by the botox OR just the normal fissure pain? Did you have any swelling? Is there any down time? Should I take off work? 

Thanks so much! 

Loretta 

• Posted

Contrary to wat most will tell you, don't take too many laxatives or have too much fiber. I feel like lots of people find the loose stools less painful but they are ultimately making things worse. Diarrhea for me is really bad for my fissure and it took me some time to realise this. I seem to get the best results from moderately increasing fiber, by like 3-5 grams (eat an apple). That's it. Any more and I think it's too soft. Obviously this is different for everyone and some ppl need fiber supplements etc. I get diarrhea easy. I just feel like I'm seeing way too much of the let's take laxatives, movicol etc etc and 5 bowls of fruit. Loose watery stools are bad for fissures

• Posted

I am so sorry the botox didn't work for you. I am scheduled to have it tomorrow and I am a bit apprehensive. Would you mind answering a few questions for me? Did you have additional pain after the botox or just the usual fissure pain? Did you have swelling? If so, how long did it last? 

Thanks so much! 

• Posted

Hi how did your botox go? im due for my second lot next week i had my first done 4 yrs ago and was cured until recently.Did you have a general?.
    • Posted

Hi there! 

It went well. I had very little pain two days after and thought all was grand. I became constipated and had a hard BM and got an enormous thrombosed hemmy. In terrible terrible pain for 3 or 4 days. Couldnt' get in to see my doctor so just had to ride it out. Now all is great! I have very little pain with a BM and no lasting pain throughout the day. I fear once the botox effect is gone, pain will come back. I hope not. General? Are you talking anesthesia? Yes I did. 

• Posted

I got the thrombose hemmy cant do anything about that though as removing them can make fissures worse did they consider sphincterectomy for you ? I dont reall y want that alot people seem to be in alot of pain they said to me that they wouldn't do it because of my age and can be undignified , but if this 2nd lot dont work will have to discuss other options my last botox lasted 4 yrs. glad your doing ok.

• Posted

I didnt have any pain last time after botox just in my legs and adominal area after anesthesia wore off.First bm was fine it was amazing not being scared to go to the toilet felt like a new woman.This time the fissure is worse i am on muscle relaxants so i can live my day to day life .
    • Posted

Also have the hemmy inside and out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.