Unsure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I’m hoping someone can give me advice to let me know that i am going to be ok. I’m getting very anxious and scared with my medication.

I have had been put on codeine for a broken bone and it helped for a period of time. However, i became used to them and needed to take more codeine which was bringing me up to near 20 x 30mg per day. I began taking them even when I wasn’t in pain, which i know is silly but i felt like I needed them to feel normal and without them I felt down with no motivation, tired and fed up. I felt that it was making my diagnosed ‘major depression ‘ worse. After a few months on them I decided enough is enough and told the doctor exactly what i was doing. Of course the doctor was not amused and sounded beey concerned that I was doing this and then prescribed me Tramadol. She looked up my current medication (Venlefaxine & Quetiapine) and said that it would be ok to take. I was prescribed 4 x 50mg of Tramadol per day. I have been on them for a week and since beinyon them i have found them effective for my pain relief but have recently become worried because I am experiencing some tremors and itching. I went on to research drug interaction with Tramadol and read that it is likely  there will be a major interaction with my current medication known as Seretonin Syndrome. 

I am now scared to continue with Tramadol although the pain relief is good. Does anyone know if I’m likely to get withdrawal symptoms after a week?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I been on tramadol for over 5 years for my neck and back pain and is the only ones that making me filing good and relief my pain good lika

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying. I’m beginning to think that this is the only painkiller that will also work. I’m going to the doc tomorrow to discuss it and see if there’s anything else
  • Posted

Hi S 1973

I've been on tram a long time because a car accident,but I'm coming from war zone 1992-1995 and had like post traumatic stress syndrome a long time ago and some depression.

So when i began to take a Tramadol I've felt good and my pain was gone(wich was a really painful and irritated)

Serotonin level goes up with Tram,and if the man have decided to quit,is a possibility that depression is coming back.

If you find some another medic that helps for pain please tell me to but I'm allergic to any anti-inflammatory medic like ibuprofen,dyklofenak,ect..

The only thing that works for me is a paracetamol with tramadol.So if you find some new meds without Anti-inflammatory effect please tell me.

I hope you find a way out of pain and be well!

• Posted

Hi thamks for your reply. I have heard that there is a natural herb called devils claw which is supposed to be good. I have bought this and going to give a try. I will let you know how I get on. 

I have decided to stop using Trams and will take two tabs today amd one tomorrow. I’m glad because I’ve only been on these tabs for 6 days and already getting tremors, and jittery muscles. Although it is good for my pain i hate feeling like this. I think id rather push past the pain. I also intend to be a bit more active also which should have an impact. Good luck

• Posted

I've read about a devil s claw and it seems to helped against the pain but first after at least 4 weeks using,I hope that will work for you,I couldn't last for 4 weeks without a painkillers no with this strong pain. Pls write how its going for you after some weeks of using.Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.