Unsure if large dark flakes are blood in stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've suffered from frequent blood in stool. I have seen my GP several times about this, and they believe it to be an anal fissure. I've had this flare up a few times within the last few months. Today, I passed quite a lot of stool, and noticed some large, solid dark flakes in my stool, and quite a few of them as well. The rest of the poo was fine, if a little watery. I may have been a bit constipated the day before.

Is this likely something I have gotten from my diet?

They looked a bit like this: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/diverticulitis-congealed-blood-help--484853

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Looks like grape skin, bottom kinda clear?
    • Posted

I've had grapes the past couple of days so I'm leaning on it being that?

• Posted

oh ...

Maybe mine is a little different then.

Hope u feel better!!!!

• Posted

Plz keep us/me updated I have same exact problem also.

Fissures suck have had 3 surgeries to fix them. And at 25 yes old that's just not fun.

• Posted

Just so happens I see my colon recal Dr later today. If I learn anything I'll he sure to let u know.

• Posted

Hi Ben, I know you posted this 4 months ago but I hope you're doing fine. Did you ever get this checked out? Recently I've noted a few black flakes similar to this in my stool recently and I'm a little worried. Going to see my GP soon but just wanted to know how yours turned out. 

• Posted

I went and we both agreed it was food, either grapes or courgette which I'd had the day before and hadn't broken down properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.