Unsure if my 5 year old passed a kidney stone or not... can they be broken with your fingers? Thanks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi we found a small drop of blood and a small (maybe 4mm) flattish, sharpish piece of sediment a few months ago.  She passed it in her sleep without realising when we put her on the toilet to make sure she stayed dry all night!  Earlier that day she had a slight stomach pain. I didn't think much of it, but then recently raised it with her gp who is going to run some tests.  I didn't keep it, and so now I'm researching types of stones etc and nothing seems to resemble exactly what she had. It broke in half and crumbled quite easily in my fingers, does that sound like a kidney stone?  Many thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.