unsure it was a panic attack..

Posted , 4 users are following.

the other day i was suffering and i wasnt sure why, i had been a bit upset and crying for about 5 minutes and then it just turned into something a bit 'crazier' i didnt quite understand how to cope with it. I couldnt catch my breathe, i couldnt stop crying, i kept clenching onto my hair, almost ripping it out and my body was so tense. i just felt like i needed to escape my own body somhow. My eyes kept wondering round the place making me feel as though people were watching me when only my boyfriend was with me. he couldnt seem to calm me down so i went into the public toilet as i desperatly needed a wee as it took me ages to get the courage to actually go as i was terrifed. but as soon as i got in i was stressing even more, there was grafitii on the wall of a scary face and the cracked mirror behind the sink, it freaked me out so much and thinking back, i dont even understand why? i kept saying that i needed to escape them, but now i cant think, who is 'them' there was no one there. nothing this bad has ever happened before. i usually only suffer minor depression at tough times and during the evening. please help me figue out what hapened and how to make sure it wont happen again?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have ( and don`t take this the wrong way ) taken any drugs recently. ie LSD / dope stuff like that ?  You were having a severe panic attack but mixed with paranoia. Are you on any meds now for depression ? Let me know I`m troubled by what you have written you see ? David :-)
    • Posted

i havent taken any drugs recenty, from what i know of but, considering i was at a festival i  kept thinking that maybe i could have been spiked but it would have been almost impossible as i was with my boyfrind the whole night so i am not sure. Im not on any meds for depression at all, ive never been to the doctor about it. Thank you 
  • Posted

Hi,

Had a similar experience to you only about a week ago also. I had just finished my work day and all of a sudden felt "weird". The feeling wasn't very strong but over the next 24 hours the feeling became very intense and I was very scared. Nothing I said or did made it go away. I didn't have an attack as intense as yours but it took an immense amount of effort for me to "keep it together". I still don't know what is wrong but I went to the doc and got some meds which are helping. My epidsodes are returning but don't seem to be as "intense" as before. The advice I have been getting on this forum is that you cant die from panic or anxiety attacks and almost everyone gets to a point where they can manage their condition to a point that day to living is enjoyable. You will have "relapses" from time to time but as you get to know your condition better you can manage it better.

• Posted

Sounds like someone gave you something that night. However if it happens again go to the doctor and also if just depression takes hold of you and you feel your life is`nt your own anymore again see your doctor ok. Take care, David :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.