Unsure of what these marks are

Posted , 8 users are following.

For the past several months I have had these small white marks on my pubic hair area, but no where else. No itchiness/other symptoms and it doesn’t seem to be spreading so have not yet seen a doctor. However doing some research and could it be extra genital lichen sclerosus? Does anyway have experience with this? What were your symptoms? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun. I had exactly the same few months back and the white patches were freaking me out. The white patches does seem like LS best to go to your gp and get yourself diagnosed hun. Then you can start treatment ASAP before the itching comes along. Good luck hun x 
    • Posted

Did yours spread after a while or have you managed to control them?
  • Posted

Go have it checked ASAP, don’t wait like I did, until I was covered in inner- labial ulcers, clit was twice its size and pain was ridiculous. I thought I was irritated due to sex and getting older ( 47), but I was soooooo wrong! 
  • Posted

Hi, you need to go see a doctor to be properly diagnosed...preferably a Vulva clinic.
  • Posted

Dear Rebecca,  Although none of us LS women have experienced quite the description you give, until you can get any kind of diagnosis, I think that you would be well served by following the autoimmune diet and nutrition protocol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.