Unsure what to do!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently cut down drinking beer A LOT as 8 months ago I started getting discomfort in my liver area. I'm 26 and until 8 months ago since I was 20 I was drinking 4 pints of lager a night and more on the weekend! Doctor did blood tests and ultrasound scan and everything came back perfect but although I have since stopped drinking altogether during the week and cut down on weekends I still get discomfort especially after I drink a few beers the night before! Could I have a perfectly functioning liver but still be damaged and causing pain!

Don't know what to do any advice would be greatly appreciated! ??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aaron, you have been to your GP once so he is aware of your problem with alcohol. Go back to him & ask his advice, you need support.

You could also Google Alcoholics Anonymous,  I am sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck Aaron

• Posted

I wasn't aware AA gave medical advice!! At least the few I went to didn't. They are not medics and the last place I'd go for advice. That's only my view

• Posted

Hello aaron22916, I have hepitsis C they say. I drank like a fish all the time. I figured out if I cut down things would be o kay. My liver kept telling me different. It has been 10 years of not drinking for my liver to start healing its self., In top of drinking I had help c so my liver was dying. Went to doctor a month ago for blood work all came back normal. So if your still having an achyiv

liver. I would stop drinking altogether and start taking milk thistle. I am a true believer in milk whistle and it's powers to help heal a liver.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.