Unsure whats causing my bowel movements

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been experiencing bad stool movements. I am not sure if a medical condition is causing this, but I am not experiencing any symptoms. No cramps or pains, I pass stool every morning, no fever, no weight loss, no blood in the stool, no watery diarrhoea (just the mushy kind), no fatigue. The only things I have noticed is some of bowel/belly can feel sensitive - not severe, only slight discomfort feeling. I also get bloating, with no pain. The mushy diarrhoea (I’ve added photos of my stool, just a heads up).

2 months ago, I was away in Mexico. I had slight diarrhoea for a day and since then the stool hasn’t been solid. There have been solid pool before and after Mexico, and this is why it confuses me.

My usual daily intake follows: fibre cereal bars, a fibre snack bar, salad (which contains carrots, pasta, sweetcorn, cucumber, mayonnaise and lettuce), yogurt, pepsi max can, crisps, crunchy chocolate bar, two cups of tea and dinner.

I have booked appointment Wednesday to see my GP and to discuss it. I wanted to see if my bowel movements change before this appointment, but with the actions I am taking - exercising, healthier foods, fiber foods - I starting to worry.

Thank you for any advise or feedback.

Warning!

I have inserted some images to help show my bowel movements.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Check the sugar content in what you eat, those cereal bars can have a lot of sugar in. Also you have 2 chocolate bars and yoghurt. I don't know what a fibre snack bar is, but check the sugar content in that too. Sugar will bloat you and give you loose stools. Try a low GI diet, it is really good for your stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.