Unsusal dementia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my gran is 83 years old . She has Dementia and she keeps moving things not out back where they were. Is everyone else have any relation like this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My husband throws my things away because he doesn't recognise it as his. He moves things and puts them in odd places. He then denies he's done that. I can find anything including cordial in the fridge and milk in any cupboard.

Alzhimers is a dreadful disease and worse for the carer.

• Posted

Hi Loretta, you never find a thing in the same place twice. For instance, there's a shelf only for packet soups she never puts them back on the shelf, you find them in beside the washing packets or in the microwave. You never know what, you are going into.
    • Posted

I look after my husband at home. He just throws things down where ever he is standing. He has become incontinent and has to wear pads. I find used pads anywhere in the bathroom or kitchen.

He was an electrician years ago. I've hidden his screw drivers and other tools in a big tools box. Even though it is in the same room as he is, luckily he has forgotten it's there. I have to do everything and watch him as he can suddenly go walkies outside and he gets lost even though he can see the car, caravan and house. He was lost.

It is not easy to care for a person with dementia in fact it can be very stressful

• Posted

Hi Loretta , my gran had to give up driving because she didn't want to sit the driving test in Edinburgh. My parents and  her friends didn't want her to drive be a danger to herself and to others. Dvla got back to her, saying give up her licence. My parents sold her car quickly. It is upsetting for my parents too.
    • Posted

The DVLA took my husbands driving licence. He wasn't driving anyway as I deemed it too dangerous after he bent the car twice on a post. I do all the driving he just sits in the passenger seat seeing nothing really. I had to do some shopping in M&S I turned my back for a couple of seconds and had to run after the bald patch I could see over the rails of clothes. No good calling after him he doesn't listen. After that I used a child strap on his wrist and my wrist. That keeps him anchored to me. Alzhimers is a cruel disease
    • Posted

My oldest friend died recently after having had dementia for about ten years. He would say that he was going to the toilet but go to another room and urinate on a chair. When he needed a bowel movement he would put his bottom over the edge of the bath and do it there.

My mother also had it for years and spent a lot of time moving things around cupboards and drawers in the house and would even get up during the night to do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.