Unusual and extreme personality change while drinking

Posted , 4 users are following.

First and foremost I drink. A lot less than I use to but due to metabolism, genetics, and tolerance (and gods know what else) a normal tame night of drinking is a bottle of whiskey, some friends, and good times. The moment in question was a few nights ago (now I've asked this in another section for some varied answers so apologizes on the repeat) but after a couple of hours and about a 1/4 of what a normal night of drinking is for me. I passed out, woke up a few minutes later and I was not the one driving my meat suit around. About a dozen witnesses, hours of extreme personality traits and swaps. I was violent and punchy, the world's craziest child stunt devil, a gymnast, then a chatterbox. (over the course of about 12 hours) I was lucky enough to have people watching over me and I've drank with them before.

I do not say this lightly, they were f*****g terrified of me. One even called poison control thinking I had been drugged. I've been drunk and stupid dozens of times, I've never had wild, abusive, or child like personalities manifest and throw themselves around a room like that. Now the damage is done, the scars are mine to bear, if I'm lucky only one person will never speak to me again, and I'm just a total jackass in front of a dozen people I sadly hangout with in a weekly basis.

My question is, was I drugged (as some signs and symptoms are pointing to yes but I like clear cut evidence) or did my brain fracture in some weird personality aspect? We're all different people when we drink but I'm usually the same drunk person not a half dozen random ones. Now, over 20 years of drinking and stupidity, I've been sick, I've p****d myself before, I've done the normal range of drunken dumbass f** kery. The next morning I woke up sore and that was it. Due to puncture wounds and gashes from a fall but that was it. No pukeage at any point, no sickness, no hangover, no.... anything. A quarter of the normal amount I drink, EXTREME personality switches, and no ill side effects? That ain't right. That is mind blowingly NOT right. Foul play levels of something went wrong. So, because I like to cover all possiblities, assuming I wasn't drugged, as I only have on suspect for that and I wouldn't put it pass them but I like clear cut evidence; what sort of mental health issue(s) causes an EXTREME personality switch after someone drinks?

Keep in mind I've drank plenty before and this is a literal first. A terrifying literal first. I have/ have had mental health issues in the past. I've dealt with st all my life really. I've only once ever had serious issues of personality swaps and that was on a long extended taking of Zoloft. A drug I was tried to sue over and had some seriously fubar st happen to me because of. Aside from that moment, I've never had personality issues. As in multiple personalities, voices in the head, etc. So I have literally no f*****g clue what causes this. I need answers and I got nothing but I do have a couple dozen people asking me like I should know and I don't have a clue.

Having to apologize to someone, for doing something to them that scared them, when you have no memory of it, of why you would, or how you managed to if you were black out drunk when you have zero history of it and have never had a moment like this in your life. It's beyond embarrassing and it's certainly terrifying.

Just looking for insight, answers, whatever I can get.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure whether you want my personal opinion or someone to tell you what you would like to hear.

I don't think you were drugged I think it's a reaction to excessive alcohol over a length of time and if you don't take this as a warning then your obviously not too fussed if you end up with cirosis of the liver then the need for a liver transplant and restrictions for the rest of your life.

Drink in moderation is fine but I would definitely say you need to go see your GP and ask the question and get some blood tests done to make sure you haven't already got a problem.

Being a very nasty and unwelcome person on drink is very common and I would be one of the ones who would steer clear of you

I hope your going to heed this warning

• Posted

I know from other alcoholics that eventually it is quite common for your body to have suffered damage over the years from it and in the end it takes very little to get you drunk again. There is so much alcohol in your system that it only takes a little now to get the same effects.

I would get help for your alcohol problem so see your doctor is my advice. x

• Posted

Everyone knows drinking alters a person's brain function; and if a person has been drinking heavily over a period of time, it can really damage the brain. If you've cut back on your drinking suddenly, that too can effect your brain, as well as your body. If you had serious effects when taking Zoloft, maybe your body has a chemical imbalance. You should go to a medical Dr first to find out if your body is running on all cylinders, you know? Maybe your body is telling you to find out quit drinking, if your not wanting to quit, maybe a psychologist could help with your mental disorders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.