Unusual burping and nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 40mg of Omeprazole twice a day.  For around four years I have had mild nausea each day which goes off if I take Rennies or Gabapentin.  Last year I had a couple of bouts of bad nausea, with pain in the middle of my back.  Also REALLY loud burps with a sulpher taste.  For months I've been ok and have now started with this again.  It usually lasts around six hours (although the last time was fourteen).  Antacids do nothing at all and I just have to wait for it to go.  I am never sick, which I'm glad about as I have a phobia of being sick.  There seems to be a pattern.  It starts either late at night or through the night.  I've had once a week for about three weeks and then touch wood, I've been ok for the last three weeks (other than the mild nausea which I can take Rennies etc for).  I've also noticed in the last couple of months I sometimes burp and food is coming part way back up.  Those sulphur burps are so loud I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the street didn't hear them!   I've booked an appontment at the Doctors on Thursday.  I'll see what he makes of it, but would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you noticed if it's anything your eaten on these days it mite be worth keeping a food diary to see if you have any triggers

• Posted

I did wonder whether bread might be a trigger, but the last time it happened I hadn't bread that day or the day before.  I have an Hiatus Hernia and am at my highest weight ever at the moment.  When it first started last year I wasn't at my highest weight.  It was a weight I'd been at before.  It makes me wonder though whether this might have some bearing on it?

• Posted

It could do they do tell you to keep weight down as it makes reflux worse and as for your he bread it could be one of your triggers I only eat a Small amount of bread the thin danish type it's lighted to digest I would try to get your weight back to what it was

• Posted

How long have you been on PPIs for? To be mre precise, how long have you been on 40mg ome, daily?
    • Posted

I've been on 40mg twice a day for about twelve years.

• Posted

Have a found it affects the amount of calcium and vitamin D3 your body can store im having problems with both being low because of taking PPI medication for 5 years im on Zonton fasttab it's the same as lanz

• Posted

Did you find out about the calcium and vitamin D3 through a blood test?  I had a blood test done yesterday.  By all accounts the doctor was testing for quite a lot of things.
    • Posted

Any side effects noticeable? How old are you if I may ask
    • Posted

Up until about four years ago they worked really well.  Then I started getting mild nausea on and off every day.  I'm 51, 52 in August.  My doctor recommended apple cider vinegar.  She said it tastes better than it sounds!  She says I need to put some acid back in my stomach.

• Posted

Tnx for the info, I'm on them for 3 years, no sides 

• Posted

Yes that's how I found out also I was getting done hair loss and brittle nails

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.