Unusual ears?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I recently bought an ear endoscope. when i saw my eardrum it looked like there was a hole next to my eardrum, in the wall not the drum itself and i cannot find anything like it in my research. I've attached photos of both my right and left ear. Any knowledge and advice is welcome on my ears.imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Edited

    Hello. The hole in the wall is called the Pars Flaccida and everyone has it. It is completely normal. It seems to me that you are suffering from tympanic membrane retraction (retraction pockets). May I kindly ask what type of USB otoscope are you using ?

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

      Thank you for your reply, really helpful! I couldn't find anything online when I looked which is why I came here.

      VITCOCO Ear Wax Removal Kit Ear Camera 1296P High-Definition Earwax Cleaner Portable USB Charging Visible 6 LED Otoscope for Android, iPhone, Ipad https://amzn.eu/d/j2OpblJ

      I got this off amazon. Just out of curiosity really to see what me ears looked like. Didn't actually expect to find anything odd 😃.

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up