Unusual hiatus hernia symptoms??

Posted , 1 user is following.

It has been 6 years since I had fundoplication surgery to treat my hiatus hernia. The last 3 years I have had to start taking lansoprazole as symptoms reoccurred. Over the last 3 months I have had various symptoms which have puzzled me though. Each time I eat anything I get a cold sensation in my nose when I breath, feeling like brain freeze. I have severe headaches, dizziness and suddenly get very hot and cold flushes after eating. I also have annoying tinnitus and palpitations. I have lost 14lbs in the last 6 weeks or less as frightened to eat at times as feel nausea with the dizziness. I dont seem to cough as much as I previously did when I first was diagnosed with hiatus hernia 6 years ago. I sometimes get a dull chest pain but not a pain that bothers me. After being trying out all different medications including menapausal hrt, antibiotics (suspected sinus) and various painkillers and ct head scan, my doctor has now referred me for a endoscopy which I am dreading. Has anyone else had any similar symptoms that would help me relate to what's happening to me. I'm so fed up and frustrated and slowly feeling very down at the thought of what's happening to me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.