Unusual jerk symptoms both awake and trying to sleep

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. so recently, a year ago, I slipped a disc in my neck. it still gives me pain. 2 weeks ago I started getting twitching in my upper right arm. right side is where slipped disc is. I thought it was maybe coming from that. then the twitching moved to my left arm, and since then all over body. they can be constant, some feel intense thumping in one spot, others like beats and some like something under skin.

I hadn't been sleeping due to worry about these. Next thing I started developing a jerking when almost falling asleep which woke me. not unusual. however this lasted all night. literally hundreds of jerks. it was the same last night. its like my brain is targeting muscles to almost keep me awake. muscle jerks all over body. I've felt really quite weak due to lack of sleep, but I notice now I'm getting these slight jerks while awake. also when I extend fingers they shake.

I am beyond worried. I've no idea what this is but I hate going to bed as I feel my brain and body are determined to stop me sleeping. 1 last thing, when lying on ear I hear an almost clunking sound. not constantly, but present alot.

anyone have any ideas, terrified of some incurable neurological condition.

thanks for any advice

Jamie (William)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.