Unusual marks on legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am on vacation in Florida and am from upstate New York. I keep waking up with red bites on my legs. I have been told that the family's cat has had fleas before but they insist the bites are not fleas and I haven't seen any bugs on the bed. File size is too bigimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Is there carpet in the bedroom?

I am sorry, to me it looks like flea bites.

We have 2 dogs and a car that are treated with flea drops every month:)

My husband is a Realtor and very sensitive to fleas. When he visits clients with a cat his legs looks like yours..

• Posted

Do the red bumps itch? Is the family cat and indoor only cat or one that goes outdoors and comes inside too? When I let my cat both inside and outside she brought in fleas and we had to bug bomb the entire house. She is inside only now and we have no more problems. Quite a while ago I thought I was being bitten by fleas because I had itchy red skin patches/bumps but it turned out to be hives from stress. Traveling can be stressful without really thinking about it as an issue. Good luck. I hate to itch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.