Unusual missed period

Posted , 2 users are following.

im 33 yrs old and for the 1st time ever in my history of having periods ( started at age 11) I missed my period. My last period was 9/19/18 and as of today I had it. I took a test and the results were negative. I'm just worried because this has never happened before unless I was pregnant (mother of 2).

I've always been pretty regular my average cycles were normally 28-30 days. Im not on any new medication and i dont belive I'm stressed out. Im just worried as to what is causing this. My Dr. wont see me until 11/13/18. Anyone suddenly just stop having periods?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

are you underweight? Have you lost any weight recently?

• Posted

no, I'm 5 foot 8. weigh about 200 lbs. im heavy but my weight hasnt changed in the last 6 months.

• Posted

I am insulin resistant, so I have the diabetic gene and I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, they often go hand in hand and can really can affect your periods. I used to get no periods for up to 6 months sometimes. Ask to get your blood sugar and hormones tested. My periods are regular now, but I had to make significant lifestyle changes, like giving up sugar and cutting down alcohol. I used to yoyo diet since I was a teenager and when I started eating regularly, my periods became more regular. You have only had one skipped period though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.