Unwanted depressive thoughts!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had GAD and depersonalisation disorder 24/7 for over 11 years I get depressed a few times a year which last around a week because I don't sit around and mope I do stuff and surround myself with people (even though it just want to crawl into bed and die!) anyway I keep having these thoughts that are getting me down like what's the point in living(I would never ever kill myself there not like suicidal thoughts it's just like what's the point in anything!) what's the point on being on this planet and what's the point in shaving my legs! My thoughts are getting me down! I'm on anti depressants it's just having depersonalisation gets me really down sometimes I just want to see the world like most people do!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Existensial questions are common in depersonalization. Because it feels like you don't even exist. The one thing that helped me through this was accepting that you can't control your thoughts, only what you think about. If you feel like you're going crazy then think crazy thoughts. Think about everything you're afraid of because the resitance in your giving your thoughts is a huge part where the depersonalization stems from. I refused meds and beat it without them. As impossible as it seems and how scary it is to accept you will beat it, not just by telling yourself you can, but by believing you can. 

• Posted

Awww Ty so much for this positive reply! I try so hard to get rid off it! I eat super healthy drink 2 litres of water Don't smoke/don't drink alcohol I exercise I meditate I try two enjoy life and it do except that I have this dp it just won't go away! Take care x

• Posted

Hello pam Hun..your definitely not alone..I haven't had a full diagnosis of a mental disorder but since I was 17 I'm now 27 I have had so much negative thoughts on and off..through then years I've suffered severe anxiety about 4 times through them years but everyday for past 17 years I've bin feeling the same wondering why I'm here always feeling death every time I close my eyes..always feeling panicky and scared to be on my own..I always think terrible things that ain't gonna happen..I also have chest pain and the tingling feeling in my face arms shoulders I wake up feeling terribly sick all time..constant dizziness it's absolute awful..you will get there Hun have you referred to see a therapist to talk about your problems and feelings

• Posted

Thanks sweetie for your post I'm sorry you have been feeling this way for so many years! No haven't been referred to a therapist my doctor always asks me to see one but I turn him down! I will be OK these thoughts will pass take are sweetheart x

• Posted

I also have intrusive thoughts and they get really powerful at times, seeing a psychologist because don't want to be on meds, try to practise mindfulness, concentrate on the present and try to distract from negative thoughts by doing other things, and also self coach by talking to yourself that negative thoughts are just that, thoughts, and they have no bearing on reality. And try exposure therapy too, doing what makes you anxious, hope you feel better soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.