Unwell

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi Sarahjr , did u manage to go back to work this week in the afternoons ? if so I hope it helped . I went for meeting with urologist , going for an ultrasound on abdomen n pelvis next week . he wasnt concerned n I felt he booked it more to stop me worrying . I'm still in same boat with weight loss n generally feeling unwell , n pain . so the mystery continues for now . I hope your feeling abit better , n finding more luck than me shedding light on your situation

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, yes I did manage to, yesterday was ok but today was really hard as I was heaving badly this morning again (so much for new stomach acid meds from GP helpig!) and I found it really hard to eat breakfast or lunch, so went in feeling down. However I felt a little bit better mentally this evening just for having been out of the house after months

trapped on the sofa. Tomorrow is another day I guess, hoping I am physically a bit better. Still feeling rubbish overall and battling hard to not lose more weight. Sense of smell now really depleted too, but as usual all relevant tests clear, nlt even sogn of a sinus infection. I'm also waking at around 4am every morning (after struggling to get to sleelp) with chest and neck sweats almost every njght, doc says it is anxiety/anxiety meds they've put me on, and chest xray:ct scan/bloods clear so not sinister. Hope you get some answers from the ultrasound, keep me posted. I really don't think anxiety explains everything for either of us. I'm based in Uk and docs don't seem prepared to investigate any further, so at my wits end. Not sure where you are but it is hood to have someone talk to who understands how frustrating and frightening this is.

• Posted

yes , your situation sounds identical to mine , we'd both rather not be here , but it is nice to talk to someone in the same boat .family and doctors have me firmly in the anxiety/stress/depression category . but like u said , n ino were not medically trained . but ino in my heart something else other than or more than anxiety is causing these physical symptoms . n like you I dnt no where to turn , if had many tests with no clarity .I'm glad you've got out the house , I hope you do feel better for it . again keep in touch as will I, sharing this with someone feeling the same , gives me some sense off relief x

• Posted

I'm also glad to have somebody to talk to, there is so little online about our situation, im trying so hard to be strong and fight it bit it so hard, and I habe no interest in Christmas at all. I'm back at GP tomorrow morning and will try and press for more emphasis on my physical issues than the anxiety, a friend has suggested asking about more detailed bloods for automimmune issues, i'm not sure what they have tested altrady so will ask. Fingers crossed we'll be able to look back on this one day and thong thanks god thats over! x

• Posted

think not thong, what ate these anxiety meds doing to me, lol

• Posted

😂😂 tell me about it , iv stopped taking the ones I was on , I dnt no weather that's a wise move or not . I just dnt think there the answer . I think ther the doctors best guess at helping solve the problem . iv looked into private tests such as scans bloods etc . but it's a very dear do being I'll or 'unwell ' lol . x

• Posted

I go to therapy aswell ( mostly to keep family happy n look as if I'm trying to help myself) , witch I think is a waste off time . it's like I'm alone n ino somethings up but I have the doctor , family , therapist , everyone believing n telling me I'm anxious . I have never been that person . the only reason I started worrying is bcos off the physical symptoms n drastic weight loss . ther was no anxiety or stress before that. to me it's simple, if lost alot off weight without trying , I get pain all in my stomach , I feel nauseus . I have a constant headache , n I feel weak n drained all the time , the night sweats etc , the list goes on, this all came out off the blue , it wasnt brought on by a stress or a drastic event . n these things are getting worse not better . to me if ur Ill ur iIl first n foremost the possibility off a genuine physical illness shud be looked for or ruled out.i think nowadays , anxiety , stress mental health etc is rife n therefore doctors n medical people are quick to diagnose people 'us' with something related to that . I'm banging my head against a brick wall with family n doctors , so yea it is really good to talk to someone who is as frustrated n alone as I am . if you go to doctors today , reaaly push him /her and tell them ur not happy about this being put down to anxiety . you want some more tests . I hope it goes well for you , let me no how you get on x

• Posted

So the only extra test i've been offered today bu the GP is a hormone blood test for early menopause due to the night sweats, doctor also says she thinks i'm improving a bit, wish I felt the same. Barely slept, sweats were terrible and have found it really hard to get food down today, work was hard. Have also thought about using the savings I have and going private, but no idea what kind of doctor i'd see. Work are also sending me to 6 therapy sessions to help "manage my anxiety". wish it was it was only about overcoming anxiety rather than this physical hell, pain and discomfort. Not my style at all but i've even had visions of filming a video begging for help/for someone to fake me seriously on social media, but I know everyone would just think i'm mentally unstable. My husband even referred to my "phantom" pain yesterday, not at all helpful. Trying to be positive, it is all I can do.

• Posted

hi sarah jr , I hope u had a good weekend , or as good as possible , I tried to get out n keep myself busy , I'm still feeling the same , alone n trapped , not knowing what's going on inside off me . I go for my ultrasound this week , I dnt no where to turn after that , I just cant accept this anxiety , like u my misses thinks my pain and physical symtoms are in my head , but they most definitely are not . that video you suggested creating sounds less crazy by the day. maybe that way , someone somewhere would see what your going thru n have some answers or give you some hope . take care for now x

• Posted

Hi, it was a hard weekend as very little going on to distract. Felt so tired on Saturday and the dry heaving was awful on Sunday morning, but I forced myself out to the park and walked/jogged 5k at lunch time, it helped for a while. O then even managed to go for a shoulder massage with my formers sports physio, having briefed her on me not being my usual self. That helped relax me for a few hours too. Still forcing food down daily to try and maintain weight. Hard but it seems to be working for now. Today I think i've finally found a gp in my surgery who believes something physical is going on, but is baffled as my tests are all clear. I have sinus and breathing issues, especially at night, that the other doctors have largely ignored. My peak flow is low so he has prescribed some oral steroids, so if inflammation is affecting me it may help, they sometimes help with loss of smell and appetite too. it is only 7 days worth but i'm praying they do something. I managed work this afternoon, and was actually productive. My boyfriend is off work now for Christmas, but stays upstairs avoiding me a lot, has now gone to his best mate's for a bit. He must be so fed up with "ill me", which is really hard. I feel so alone with it. When is your ultrasound? glad it is before Christmas. i was at Warwick hospital in November for mine, they told me nothing had come up there and then, probably as I was by myself in a really emotional state. i guess we are lucky to have the nhs and not be in the usa with all this going on. We need to keep strong, we can and will beat this! Still not an pimce of excitement about Christmas, but keep imagining being well next Christmas and looking back on this as a terrible blip.

• Posted

good morning sarah , it's good to hear you thinking foward , I to would like to imagine looking back on this next xmas n thinking I'm so glad I come thru that . and like you ino it must be hard on my misses and my boy , hes only 14 mnth n I shud be happy n looking foward to xmas with them .we are also getting married on the 28th , n it's sad to say as i love them both to bits , but I havnt been able to truly look foward to it .. xmas and the wedding . , I still feel very lonely as no 1 really believes there anything wrong other than stress , anxiety . I cant blame them as they obviously dnt want to think the worst , my ultrasound is tmro , n my stomach /abdomen is killin me at the minute. we shall see what comes off it . I'm glad to hear you've found a doctor that doesn't just think ur crazy lol . it must give u a sense of relief, and hopefully if he /she suspects something more than anxiety , they can help u find out what may be going on n hopefully find a solution for you . hopefully we can get thru this . ino iv said it a few times , but it's nice talking to someone who can relate . have a nice day and try be positive x

• Posted

Hello, Hope the ultrasound was ok. I still feel rubbish but managed

the works Christmas do for a few

hours last night. I feel for you with an imminent wedding feeling so poorly. Are you managing to maintain your weight now? Mine is a bit more stable but still no appetite. Every time I swallow my inner nose, neck and lungs "pop"which is really uncomfortable. I think it is linked to the heaving in the mornings. my lung ct scan was clear, but there is definitely an irritation that is affecting my breathing, and causing me to feel so unwell. steroids do not seem to be calming it so far. We will get though this though.

• Posted

hi sarah , did u manage to have a drink n enjoy yourself abit , its good you got out last night 😀, ultrasound came bck ok apart from having a 'fatty' liver , witch is normal according to radiologist . I get mixed feelings when I have a test , on the one hand I'm happy when he said , 'nothing sinister ', on the other hand , my brains like ' bloody hell when am I going to find out what's causing all these symptoms ' . it's good your keeping your weight up ,in regards to my weight loss , I dnt have scales at home so havnt weighed myself for couple off week , but I still feel it's coming off , mainly on my legs and arms , muscle mass , not that I had any muscle to lose , witch worries me as I still eat as normal n it's not a exactly a healthy diet I follow lol . I dnt no what to suggest in regards to your breathing , I had that dry wrechin for a while but that's one thing that has seemed to have gone for me . I hope this is the case with you , hopefully it will pass . n yes hopefully we can look back on this as an 'unexplained' blip as one of the doctors said to me . keep smiling

• Posted

Sadly I am on a strong course of steroids so was not drinking, but I was glad to be out. Feel like i've been hit by a bus today, can't get food down and overall jittery feeling/general illness. Glad ultrasound was ok, but so know your still want answers. It is good to jeep talking? I don't think anyone understand quite how physically ill I feel at the moment.

• Posted

sorry uv had a bad day , n I'm happy to keep talking if u are , to me it makes sense to talk to someone hu can relate , n your the first person I have spoke to who understands, I dnt think anyone can quite understand how mentally torturous n physically draining it can be , evan tho we cant physically help each other , I get a sense off relief after speaking . family n doctors try n help but they dnt understand so interpret it as a mental thing , that we must be just going through a phase etc . but it doesn't feel like that when your 'us' . I cant see the light at the end off the tunnel yet anyway , sounds depressing ino , wouldn't blame you for buffering off 😂😂 I wish I could help you and myself n suggest something to help .we just have to plod on n keep fighting I suppose

• Posted

Thanks so much, talking to you really helps for the same reasons. I am struggling to see light at the end if the tunnel after today, I wonder if being on steroids (day 4) is making me feel worse. I am a fighter though,yes the gp is sick of the sight of me, but I will keep going and pushing them, despite them putting it down to anxiety and getting annoyed how many times i keep going (they even had a practice wide meeting about me last month), and decided it is all anxiety. I haven't lost my smell due to anxiety, and lots of other things are not explained by that. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

• Posted

you dnt need to thank me . I think if we can help each other in any way , y not . it's a very horrible place to be , n talking to someone who is going through the same is alot easier than talking to the doc and evan family .sad to say but true . I think the same about my doctors , when u have been going regularly witch sounds like we both have, they start to label you as ' anxious' , when they cant find n obvious reason for our symptoms ,and once you have that label , it's hard to shake off ,every doctor will look at your notes n see that your struggling with anxiety , n so that's what they believe and therefore treat u for , well that's the situation at my docs anyway . I simply believe i no my own body n its telling me somethings not right physically , it has done for quite some time ,its not rocket science, it's a lonely battle persuading others that this is the case tho. so yea let's keep talking , it helps alot . how are you feeling today ? I have my stag do that's been arranged by my friends, n I feel ungrateful as I really just dnt want to go . il have to force myself

• Posted

Hi, i've been feeling rotten and really struggling to eat, habe managed to do some work though. As part of my return to work I have to go to a councelling session at 1pm in town, not looking forward to it. Hope you manage to enjoy the

stag do, i am supposed to go to a christmas meal tonight at a busy pub, not feeling it though!

• Posted

Hope you are doing ok and the wedding went well. I have some appetite back and jeavi g had stopped but still in a lot of discomfort 24/7, and looking for answers, as my boyfriend saw how bad it is physically over the holidays he came the doc with me back me up and I've been referred to the respiratory team. Wishing you a happy and much healthier year.

• Posted

i meant the heaving has stopped

• Posted

hi sarah ,thank you very much 😀, it's been really busy with the wedding n xmas , hence not being in touch . I have been feeling same physically , but with everything that's been going on , iv had to do my best to put it all to one side witch you will understand isnt easy, to be honest I have felt much better mentally with having so much to do n keeping busy . and obviously the wedding n my lads first xmas has filled me with happiness . I'm not naive and I still no physically I'm not improving . my last visit to the urologist was all clear , so as off now I am well n truly stumped . I am trying to tell myself if had all these tests It must be dwn to stress / anxiety etc . truly tho I cant believe that . I have decided to go a mnth without going to the docs n see if I improve any . I am glad you have got the support off your boyfriend , as weve said before , its bloody lonely n scary feeling like this and fighting your corner on your own . when is your meeting with respiratory team ? if you dnt mind I'd like to keep in touch , it's been a relief and a great help talking to yourself . I hope your meeting gives you some answers . p.s I hope you managed to enjoy some off xmas n new year x

• Posted

So glad to hear you've had good Christmas! I enjoyed it more over the past week as i've started to get my appetite back and am no longer heaving. But my life quality is still rubbish as my ears are constantly crackling and popping still, so I feel constantly like i'm submerged underwater, the pressure is horrible, plus the uncomfortable breathing when I swallow. ive tried steam/decongestants and nasal sprays to no avail. Really missing my sense of smell too! But as im eating better and not heaving i'm going to try and do a full day at work tomorrow. I'm unsure when I will see the respitatory consultant, but i'm aware it could be a fair few months wait. I'm also trying to avoid going to the gp for a while, have also taken myself off the anxiety pills and glad of it! And yes please do keep in touch, it really helps x

• Posted

hi sarah , how are you doing . I hope your feeling better . I have started to gain some weight back n I feel a little less stressed n crappy all the time. please let me no how you are . hope the new year is treating you wellx

• Posted

Hi, thats great news that you are doing better, so happy for you! Since getting some appetite back i've put a bit of weight back on too, so i'm physically stronger. I'm also sleeping a bit better, and overall my breathing is better. I can now get up early to work full time and survive ok! But I still feel rubbish pretty much all the time as my ears are constantly crackling/popping/ringing, and the lack of sense of smell is still hard, also when I swallow I still feel some discomfort , which varies from discomfort in my nose/throat/lung. Still waiting for a respiratory clinic appointment, which could take several months, as scans were all clear so im not an urgent case. I'm looking on the bright side that i'm far better than before Christmas, as my body has stopped the dry heaving/dysfunctional breathing attacks, and now wants food! Feel much calmer too. Just need to shake these final sinus/ear symptoms, I guess time and patience are what is needed (although i'm sure sunshine would help too, early October was the worst time for this to start,al lthese months of cold/damp/dark nights!), Hope you continue to improve, will keep in touch x

• Posted

hi sarah , just wanted to see how you are , I hope your still continuing how you were last time I heard from you . keep 😀😀😀 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.