Unwell for 9 yrs since perimenopause

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies out there

I have had every imaginable symptom in the last 9yrs of menopause. I am now 60. I have been to many doctors with no help. burning achy legs flushing burning feet on and off feeling faint and pale especially in the morn exhaustion insomnia general feeling of malaise. I have tried bioidentical hormones. I have the factor 5 Leyden clotting gene so have to be careful. Anyone out there like me. every day is a challenge

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Im 47 and my big issue is the burning feet. Right now Im taking B12 supplement (since June) and I still get the burning sensation. Doctors think that women imagine these symptoms, which is frustrating. I Hope you find some relieve soon.

• Posted

hi elenora - i am 62, 7 years post & unfornately i am in the same boat - i also have had every symptom imaginable - right now my burning body parts, anxiety, eyes tearing contantly (they say its blepharitis & ocular rosasea - but no Rx help) & indigestion is really driving me nuts. i wake up like clockwork @ 4:00 am with either a erupting hot flash or burning body parts generally followed by an anxiety attack - i have not taken BhRt or HrT & just want to be normal again - i first started peri @ 51, so i have been doing this dance for a very long time but this is bad - good luck!

• Posted

hi debra166, I have just been looking on this site to try and get some help. My symptoms sound exactly like yours.. drs have been treating me like a guinea pig, but insist it cant be menopause as I've had a hysterectomy. They tried antidepressants which i stopped as I hated them, upped dose of BP tablets which made me worse so they were stopped. I can cope with it all bar the anxiety. As a last resort I'm trying acupuncture on Tuesday. Hope you get sorted.

• Posted

Oh yes every day is most certainly a challenge! Ive tried antidepressants and hormones, they help some women they dont help me. They make me sicker  i dont know we can manage to suffer for years like this, we deserve a medal!

• Posted

try a prevarin cream you can buy from amazon put it on the inside of your wrists it cant hurt does give some hormones in your system i found this because my doctor is against HRT

• Posted

hello im 50 now and ive had every imaginable symtom for the past 5 years mostly anxiety panic attacks night sweats ive lost weight had gum and teeth sensitivity burning mouth syndrome back pain , the list goes on and on before peri i was happy and healthy this has been hell

• Posted

yes, all that and I.m only 41. trying biodentical hormones, 33rd mo. little improvement, def makes me feel like I.m dying of something else

• Posted

Hello, unfortunately my first post was deleted by a moderator but the moderator hasnt told me why. Menopause doesnt come alone.. I suggest you look at the symptoms of hypothyroidism. If you have already has a normal TSH test, this doesnt mean your t3 and t4 levels are abmormal. Message me if the symptoms sound familiar x

• Posted

Sorry about typo....meant to say a normal TSH test result doesnt mean t3 and t4 levels arent abnormal. I tried to inform you about doing private blood screening for thyroid hormones, vitamins and minerals...saved my life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.