Unwell for around 6 months now! Gastritis/Duodenitis/ other things

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hey first post on any kind of website like this but thought i'd give it ago as everyone i know is pretty fed up of me talking about my problems! So how it started, around 6 months ago when i was 19 (now 20) i was just my usual healthy self until a got violently sick one day, thought nothing much of it until i started getting pain downstairs which went on for a month or two, now here is where the real problems started.

I started developing stomach and back pain pretty severe with a temperature etc, doctors thought it may be gastroenteritis gave me meds didnt help, then they treated me for a UTI and gave me meds, settled down, i had lost my appetite but i managed to gain it back, along with the stomach problems i started to get dry, irritated eyes, now i have been told only recently i have dry eyes and blepharitis, and around 2 months ago i started to get alot of burning back, shoulder, neck pain, muscle ache, fatigue, sore glands, lymph nodes, headaches, slight tremors, dizzyness you name it, the dry eyes are still there pretty bad but the others have eased slightly.

I was a avid footballer and havent been able to play in 6 months. I went for an endoscopy 3 weeks ago and i have been diagnosed with duodentis and gastritis, not caused by H Pylori, still waiting on my biopsies back they took but it's not really looking good for me. They have tested my blood for so much, like lupus, thyroid problems, deficiencies and can't find anything, they call me the medical mystery. I can't eat well at all the last few weeks, anything spicy, greasy, or acidic drinks burn my stomach, i've lost around 10lbs in the last 6 months and i'm only 9st 4lbs which is pretty skinny. Personally I am concerned about an autoimmune disease, hoping for celiac but i fear it could be worse.

People say it's probably caused by me being anxious but i know my body and i've tried to push on as much as normal but some things i just cant do anymore, so if anyone could offer advice that would be great smile

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

anyone experience occasional lightheadedness or racing heart beat or chest discomfort with their gastritis and deudonitis? any insight on what made it better?

• Posted

yes heart palpitations every night and a tightness in the chest but not sure if its from the acid reflux or down to anxiety, but i was reading the reviews for omeprazole and alot of people were saying it makes anxiety alot worse so ive stopped taking it and trying to fight the acid reflux with natural bland food, i still get the palpitations but my stomach is feeling better.

the palpitations had me concerned when they first started happening i went to A+E and had an ECG scan but the doctor said everything was normal so was my blood test so the next step will be camera down the throat.

• Posted

wow, you have lots of symptoms and lots of tests, i hope you get some answers!

I have suffered from ibs for the last 7 years snd what started out as having the odd flare up seems to be more frequent and symptoms getting worse. I suffered from extreme gas/burping where i am constantly rubbing my chest of back which sometimes feels like presure acoss my back. My eyes get dry, sometimes feel i have the flu. i get really sore under my ribs and have started having nerve pain, heat/burning points/tingling in my legs/hands/feer including a strange rash on my legs which come and go. also experience pains in my arms/neck/face, muscle spasms, heat on my head. sometimes i feel great and then i have a flare up. had blood tests which are fine but confused if this relates to my stomach or menopause now on hrt which has been great for night sweats snd flushes but these symptoms havent gone. anyone else experience this??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.