Unwinding

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I love the forum it has helped me many down times, Can you all please share what you guys do unwinding please. Thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Mindless games, especially on the phone, slow me down when I'm in panic mode - though I don't make much progress. I also have a very useful breathing podcast that helps (that's from the mindfulness course I recommended earlier in the week, though I struggle with the mindfulness bit). That's helping with sleep too. I'm told that a brisk walk is very beneficial but, as I struggle with agoraphobia, that's not so easy. I did it once last week for a short distance and felt good. I do know that resistance exercise and medium-level cardio-exercise/sport have a beneficial effect on mental health if it's stuck at. But I'm not much good at sticking...

• Posted

Thank you very much Jan, hmm I will have to start off with the website although it will be hard at start I will have to stick at it I have no choice alot is riding on me with work and business. 

agoraphobia hmm My job is dealing with everything from thew company and to people. I can have 6 people asking me questions at the same time while i have to deal with other things. 

while that is going on i can get a phone call from estate saying one of my properties has a roof leak lets say and another tendaent has decided to give rent.. While all this is going on I keep one thing in mind 'does it really matter' it matters i want to do well but at the end if something is going to happen it will. 

agoraphobia never had any effect on me because my mind always knows i can always get out of situvations. for example if someone decides to break the house i know i can get many things in place to recover the damages. 

Lukley we are in UK in which alot is in place to help us to make us safe. I found talking to my assocaites I dont have many friends but my work collegues i informed them that if  i am very low or do something i shudnt be doing please keep an eye on me and they do. Dont mean they help me as everyone is busy but back of my mind i know i can always and have people around me

Even in here you helped me and advised me smile

• Posted

Hi billy for me i have to keep busy make myself so tired then i cn unwind. Or some music like clannad and sarah mchlachlan & christina perri. Xx that genre xx helps me xx

• Posted

I will certainley try them, and all being well one day Im hoping i become the prime minster and when i do I will particulary help and pay attension to mental health 
    • Posted

Really lovely songs xxx great voices. Only my opinion. Just at least have a listen xx
    • Posted

Deff Amanda espically after a long day anything slow will make  me happy
    • Posted

Deff I think everyone in here if we all work togther and work togther we can beat our small tweaks that we need smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.