Up again at 3am!!! 5htp?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Yes, small glass of milk and a couple of paracetamol at hand!

I'm so tempted to buy some 5htp?

Got to ease this insomnia...and I know posting on my phone is a no no but wanted to ask again, if anyone has any experience of taking 5htp, please?

I'm not stressed or anxious so why can I never sleep or get out of this constant bad pattern...

Some ladies take antihistamine based pills, I try to go the natural route but could these help to get a few decent hours?

Thanks jx

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi janeben, 10 to four and I'm up again tonight. I only had 4 hours last night.

Self inflicted tonight too much bread the last few days and suffering with horrible bloating. starts under my breasts I look 7 months pregnant. In bed my stomach is laying on the mattress next to me!

Also very constipated from the bread and so uncomfortable sitting upright seems the least painful options. I took some movicol ( laxative) earlier so hope it sorts it all out in the morning!

• Posted

i heard a lot of recommendation for Ezekiel bread for those who are conscious about reseting their hormones.
    • Posted

Yes, Ezekiel bread is good but it's so expensive here. Of course, all sprouted breads are pricey.
    • Posted

Hi

Try gluten free bread, or, gluten free pasta, crumpets are better for the stomach than white bread,also  lying flat will help it dijest better after bloating. 

• Posted

Elaine, sorry but lying down after eating is GERD and acid reflux waiting to happen and will make matters worse further down the road. Do not lie down after eating wait at least 2 hours if you want to avoid getting acid reflux, esophageal atrophy, and a slew of other digestive issues. Speaking from experience, I now suffer from acid reflux due to lying down after eating.
  • Posted

Hi 

Yes, if you suffer bad acid reflux, then lying down will make this worse, it depends whats causing your bloating, if its slow dijestion whch, menopause can do in some women, bread will bloat you along with other foods, in me, this is what i have, and it is whats causing my bloat, i dont get acid reflux, so,  lying flat with my bloating works, it takes about 30 mins for the food to go through, but then i feel  much better, the worst is going for a 3 course meal, stomach cant handle it nowadays, have to move away from table as sitting upright makes it ten times worse, i was advised to lie flat, after dr gave me a barium meal to see what was happening after eating, and this is when it showed up,  but if your problem is acid reflux  then sitting up is best for you, my husand has an hiatus hernia and he cant eat chocolate late at night, large meals, or, alchohol if he does, he cant lie flat then due to acid reflux, every bodies body is different, and bloating has many causes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.