Up against a brick wall?!....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, hope you are all doing ok. Well, me? I'm frustrated, befuddled... something 😏 seen my Dr, no mention of my blood test result so assume that all is as expected(meno & no period for about 14mths) after talking to him about several issues like my bad days of weird sensations, wooziness, low blood sugar feeling etc then good days etc it sounds as though he has the idea I'm depressed/anxious & sleep all day, over breathe which is creating my heady wooziness so I'm now under the mental health system & due to see a counsellor OMG!! 👿 I'm flabbergasted....If I am down, moody n tearful & P'd off its because I'm over feeling like this...I didn't even ask about continuing Livial or whether they might be making feel weird & funny in the head, I left upset & frustrated. Might be looking for a new Dr which is easier said than done here. Oh yeah, the doc told me that evening primrose oil is basically useless & I should be on A/Ds, Drs seem to be so against anything natural. I'm in my 3rd mth of taking Livial. Is this weird head thing common/normal? feels like I'm going pass out...is any of this normal? does it go away? Ok, done my spit n rant LoL 😤 sorry, just a question, any info about HRT Progynova? 

Thnx, take care xo

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I don't take anything apart from vitamin b and I eat healthy exercise etc ! I suffer from the weird head thing last view days have been child my head may as well fall off I feel like a less weight I feel the weird blood sugar dropping sensation (which it's not) like I'm going to pass out and thus increases my anxiety making the whole thing worse I also have extreme nausea to top it off. I tried a few anti ds at the recommendation of my dr and they made me 10000 X worse although I know they do help some people I'm disputing I have some kind if anxiety but I also know what's wrong isn't just an anxiety issue and I'm certainly not depressed I can't get anywhere with the Drs and I feel insane! Your not alone
    • Posted

Hi Nix, thanks for your reply, how are you? Can be hard to know exactly what to do sometimes, I have taken multi B's several months ago but stopped as I thought it was creating anxiety...maybe I could try again 😏 like you I eat healthy & try to be as active as possible but when not feeling quite right it's hard to think straight & get going...said with a chuckle...this whole thing can feel so horrid & scary! I just take each day as it comes, here's to better days. Keep well, take care
  • Posted

Hita Hun! Oh you poor thing but I know how you feel luv. I get dizzy spells, cotton wool head and the shakes like ive had no sugar too. Its so upsetting and has knocked my confidence for 6! Im only peri-menopausal so will it get worse???? If you arent happy with your doc then def change. Also please consider natural alternatives? I'm currently trying a upuncture and it has really really helped me. Not for everyone I guess but worth considering?.

I havent tried any meds yet as really trying to manage without but ill see how it goes.

All i can say is you are normal love and you arent going crazy. All us ladies are struggling on and its so hard but this forum is great for letting off steam to other sufferers at least.

Please take care -and remeber always that you arent alone. I really hope you feel better soon keep me posted 😄Lou xxx

• Posted

Hi Louise, how are you? Thankyou for your reply. So frustrating all this, what to do, what to take, what to try etc....I just take each day as it come & trying to keep positive that everything will settle & stop is sometimes near impossible to do 😢 I'll keep taking Livial(Tibolone) although I've wondered if I should come off it or try something else, in the 3rd of it. This forum is such a good place to be...being able to spout all our woes & knowing we're all in the same boat does give some comfort, I've found it a godsend as I don't have any female peers to turn to, because of that I feel alone 'stranded' in the big menopause pond! How do you manage the low sugar feelings? Take care, be kind to yourself xo
    • Posted

Hi NuttyNan,

There's nothing to stop you trying a different HRT.

I tried livial didn't get on with it read about oestrogel and Utrogestan and they are really suiting me well, it seems very different.

I did try anti d's several types but they come with side effects big weight gain was one and I feel fat enough without that.

I take a good quality ionic vitamin and extra b12 but really my head space has improved within the first month of oestrogel.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hello Nan,

Know that you are not alone. All of this craziness just started a few months ago for me. Some days are good and some days are crazy. The slight dizziness, the weird head pressure that I can't describe, the weird body sensations, the shakes, burning feet, and occasional heart palpitations. I was going to the ER every week not knowing what was wrong with me and thinking they kept missing it. The last time I went for the weird head pressure, the doc told me it was anxiety that was common in women in my age and talk to to a psychiatrist. I was livid. I felt like no one was listening or understood. I'm only 38. But after talking with my aunt and finding out that most of family including my mom went through peri in their early 30's has shed a lot of light. I have been having a menses since I was 9 years old so I'm convinced I'm in peri. I have a GYN appointment this week and hoping I can find some kind of relief. I have to work and just want to be able to function. I have been leaving work early every day or not going because of these crazy feelings. My dating life sucks because I would rather stay home then to be out and have a crazy panic attack or start crying and don't know what for. This forum has helped me to know I am not alone and that someone really does understand. Being able to vent this way is a form of therapy for me. I hope you get relief soon and know you are not alone.

• Posted

Your literally describing me im same and 34 history of early menopause in whole family too I have no idea what to do just go round in circles with Drs just leaves me feeling a bit lost as these symptoms are quite real and debilitating .. I do allot to help myself vitamins , exercise , acupuncture , eat well but some days I feel none of this makes a difference.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie how are, hope you're doing ok. Yes that weird head feeling I can't describe either...is like wobbly, floaty not a real spin or dizziness, so so frustrating n scary, for me sometimes it feels like my head somehow zaps with a very brief whizzy sensation which makes me feel even stranger oh for all this end! 😖  this along with low sugar sensations with a sickly hungry empty stomach feeling, despite me eating a truck load in half an hour LOL...OMG what else?! It's good we can all relate & share in this forum...we can all have the weird wobbly moments together LoL

Take Care & keep well

• Posted

I would say if the Livial, which I assume is an antidepressant, if its not helping or making you feel worse. Don't take it. Its all about keeping these pharmaceutical companies and drs. in business. Most of them aren't for natural supplements because then they lose $ if they can't keep treating you. I feel so much better NOT going to my PC. They are more about giving you drugs thsn really listening and trying to help people.

Most drs. don't understand how peri-menopause works. All my drs. thought I was nuts too when I told them all my symptoms. Been tested for everything and all was norm. Just slightly elevated BP and my I'm borderline diabetic which I blame some on the peri and my stressful job too. My PC disagreed with me when I asked about that too.

I eventually worked through the anxiety myself. Taking B12 & D about every other day I take it. It seems to help keep me more on an even keel. While exercising and keeping busy with other things helps too. I found the more I worried about my symptoms the worse I felt. It's mind over matter. I still have sime bouts of anxiety but its definitely not as bad as it was. I would try going to an herbalist or why not try some natural supplements. They are natural. I don't like taking meds. I worry about what they can cause later. You can say I'm not a fan of the medical industry.

Goodluck Nan!

• Posted

Hi how are you? The Livial is a yam based HRT which mimics your own hormones. A while ago I was taking a multi B vitamin but stopped them as I thought they were aggravating or causing anxiety which I read can do in some people. I feel I never get a satisfactory or relevant answer when I try to explain how I feel to Drs & yes I agree, they keep handing out pills n potions to keep the pharmaceutical Co's happy. I've never liked taking medication, always worrying or wondering what they'll do to me or how they might interact with other meds etc maybe I should try the multi Bs again, I also take BP medication which I wonder if I still have to....oh to find a Dr who'll actually listen not just hear me. Some days feels like my life has stopped 😥 but trying to keep positive & finding humour for a good laugh helps. Will all this stop? Take care, keep well
    • Posted

Hang in there Nan. I hope things do get better for you Nan. Just know we are all in this Peri fight together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.