Up all night, sleep all day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Getting me very depressed 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

At least you are sleeping I sleep only 2 hours on and off throughout the night but what I can suggest is sleep restriction make sure that even if you don’t sleep at night you get up the Same time everyday despite how tired you are and don’t go back into the bed until the same time at night do this and see how it works I know your gonna feel really crappy durning the day but it helps you should be pouring yourself into bed at night feel better 
  • Posted

Hi Adele96463, 

I've had similar issues, especially as a student.  Have you tried forcing yourself to wake up at the same time every day.  So maybe 10am every day for a week?   

Even if you feel tired the first two or three days, if you stop yourself sleeping in the day,  you can usually fall asleep at night. 

I hope that's helpful and you improve soon. 

All the best,

Jonathan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.