Up and down like a roller coaster

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi - I'm just struggling today and needed to chat to you lovely ladies...my symptoms are so up and down - this week after having horrible symptoms for 2 weeks - nausea, anxiety, low mood, IBS, blurred vision, vertigo..I started to feel better and was well for a total of 4 days before my symptoms came back - that was the same before the last 2 week episode - so I get a few good days when every symptom goes and then it all comes back again... today I feel really awful, I had 2 small glasses of prosecco last night and just can't seem to handle alcohol at all anymore, has any one else gone through this - does it get better? I'm 43, still having periods but they are light, clotty and brownish mostly 😕

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I have been having a rough time lately also. High BP even when medicated, dizzy, headaches, foggy head, ringing in ears, nausea, weird feelings on my face like goosebumpy?? I can't even explain it, its not pins and needles just an odd feeling. I have been spotting on and off for a couple months. I had an ecg which came back abnormal so I'm stressing over that. My anxiety levels are through the roof. I go for a colonoscopy on Tuesday as I've had stomach pain and bowel issues aswell. You aren't alone, this definitely isn't a fun time in our lives.

• Edited

HI Kylie - thanks for responding 😃 I had a endoscopy about 18 months ago when all these symptoms started getting bad and the nausea was pretty much constant..they found nothing so I guess I was relieved, all my blood work normal too so I guess we have to just put it down to hormones..I've changed my diet too - cut out gluten and most dairy and my bowels are a bit more normal but definitely still not right so I'm also having a colonoscopy next month, so good to know I'm not alone - and the pins and needles I get that - the other day i had it in my fingers but it was weird like a hot sensation under my skin...I guess we just need to be grateful for the good days x

• Posted

You are definitely not alone in this crazy ride haha I've also been so tired and unmotivated lately I think its due to anxiety though. Thankyou for taking the time to reply x

• Edited

im 44 and have good days bad days still have a period however recently can be anywhere from a 23 day cycle to 25, had a 41 day few months back, always been around a 28 day cycle most of my life, i get increased heart rate, fatige, heavy limbs, hot flush upon wakening, light headed, muscle twitching etc, i cant have much alcohol anymore as sends my heart rate up, all my bloods keep coming back saying im not peri but recently spoke to someone few years older than me in meno, she said her levels read as normal for 2 years before they showed, my periods are 2 days then gone and quite light, ive also experienced a blob like discharge from time to time, only way i can describe is like the plug you lose before baby comes, i too have a thyroid condition but never had an issue with that, my symptons started dec 2018 and ive now sought help through a menopause assoc who are trialing me on a bio progesterone, i feel alot better already but not 100%, i gave up with my docts dismissing my symptons, but i feel im in the process of peri for sure.

• Posted

HI Serena, thanks for your reply, I can relate to all those symptoms - I've read so many times that the blood work really doesn't show anything as it's not the levels that are the issue, but the fluctuation - its like our bodies just don't know what's happening and this causes it to go into fight mode and produce loads of cortisol which makes us anxious...I go from having sore boobs and being bloated to completely the other way in 24 hours, so that shows how fast things are changing at the moment, I've tried progesterone - not sure it worked for me, how long have you been on it, which one do you take and how much, and how long before you felt it working ? x

• Posted

im on a bio progesterone, only my second cycle on it atm , i do feel better , but some symptoms still there, but will be able to tell more when i stop shortly to see if symptoms return, im in Australia so the bio im on is made up and sent to me so no brand name, cost is $280 per 8 weeks but i can stop at any time, 1st lot i started was later in cycle so was hard to tell, but will know more in next 2 weeks as just got period, dont start the progesterone now again till day 12.

• Edited

Exactly me! I've had no appetite either. I'm so tired f dealing with the anxiety of thinking its something really bad and not just hormones. A lot of days, I just break down and cry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.