Up and going and going

Posted , 3 users are following.

This weekend was my first back to AKC agility trials. I was so thrilled able to jog/ run with my little dog. We qualified in Novice standard! Our first time back for 6 months!! One month before the surgery, almost 5 months after surgery. Last Friday after a long day at agility, I went down. I was exhausted, my knee ached, I used ice, hooray for ice! I took a break on Saturday, went back yesterday, I felt great, no pain affected my run!!! I'm so thrilled! Another thing about my sickness, I just found out I have Hastimoto's disease. My thyroid count was 4 times higher than normal range. Upped the meds, taking supplements because I'm low on B6, B12, zinc, magnesium, selenuim, few others! It's as I know it caused the traumatic from surgery. Just knowing I am going to be ok.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Fantastic, bet your dog is pleased too! Very useful to find out about the hashimotos too, much easier to manage now you know what problem is and can get v itamins and thyroid medication, five months I still feel very tired quickly, but certainly is a great time for enjoying new chances to be active! 😊

• Posted

I am starting to feel better since being on those vitamins and meds. And staying active is the key!
  • Posted

Mona..that's a terribly strenuous activity for a startup. I have a sister in law in CA that's very well known as a trainer and judge. She's done it for years, wearing out a half dozen dogs. I marvel at her stamina and strength. Just don't bite off too much because the body has a very painful way of telling you to slow down. Be sure and up your water intake substantially as dehydration will get you much faster now than before the surgery.

• Posted

It's not that strenuous activity. My dog is a Chihuahua no faster than border collie or other fast dogs. It only times less than a minute. I still feel good after that weekend. Thank you for your concern.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.