Up Date! Took a nap and woke up with no hearing in left ear!

Posted , 4 users are following.

OK, Sorry I am late with up date. MRI showed nothing wrong in side my head. No tumor, no problems with any part of my ear parts or any thing that could effect them. RESULT; Hearing loss for no F*^king reason at all. Sorry.

So I am going with the Cochlear Baha implant as a solution to my hearing loss. Please look it up and check it out. Can't explain it here.

Note: Sudden Loss Of Hearing. It happens to 2-3% of the population of the USA! My wife has been a Registered nurse for 40 plus years. She has done it all. delivery, Bed side, Surgery, Case manager, to Director of nurses. She has never hear of such a thing as Sudden Hearing Loss!

Good luck out there.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had sudden senori hearing loss 3 years ago no sign just came on ...I went for steriod treatment but death ear ....

they say could be due to viral infection?

• Posted

there would of been signs and you would of known if you had a viral infection.

• Posted

There are MANY possible causes of sudden hearing loss...

How certain are they that an MRI is not needed?

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

MRI was done. Clean MRI. There are not MANY reasons for sudden hearing loss. There are a couple of viral infections, a couple of diseases, Tumor, and a couple of thing in the ear it self that can go wrong. All which a professional ENT has look at. Then there is always your God that works in mistress ways.

• Posted

mri is needed to rule out stroke , viral even tumor..

• Posted

MRI came back clean. I was hoping for a tumor which could be removed and my hearing could return. But nothing wrong with head. or ear parts, or anything else. Just the work of what ever God you choose.

• Posted

If the tumor you were "hoping for" was an acoustic neuroma, you don't want one. Even though it's not cancerous, many people don't regain their hearing on the one side and in addition to losing their hearing on the one side, struggle with balance and equilibrium. And fatigue. Plus, then there is getting radiation shot at it (Gamma Knife or Cyber Knife or whatever) and follow-up MRI's for a couple of years to be certain it isn't growing any more. It's no walk in the park. And if you don't get the radiation, there is the risk it could get larger and damage the 7th cranial nerve in addition to the damage it already did to the 8th cranial nerve. If it damages #7, then there is a risk of facial palsy which you really don't want.

• Posted

Hi MacnSac,

Sorry to find out you got no answers - I am waiting for my MRI with contrast in a couple of weeks - in the mean time I have been looking into other issues that cause one sided deafness (for my own peace of mind) - vascular loop was one reason - and that can make you suddenly deaf - unfortunately nothing they can do with that. Also it can be caused by blood being restricted into your brain through your blood vessels in your neck - which might be my problem as I've had physio on my neck recently (though my hubby says I have had the TV way too loud for at least 2 years). Or it could be Meniere's disease - that wouldn't show in an MRI. I feel your frustration as you want a definitive answer - and there isn't one. I think checking out BAHA is the best thing you can do - make the best out of a bad situation!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.