up to 40mg

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

Been on 20mg for about a year now. Thought I would be feeling a lot better by now. had ups and downs, but feeling as bad as ever now. Gp has put me on 40mg and diazepam. I am realy worried and scared. Do not want to stop work but worried about side affects. Looking after 2 kids on my own. Can any one help, tell me what the side affects might be.

Thanks mars

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mars

Sorry to hear 20mg didn't work for you. It didn't for me either.

You shouldn't get extreme side effects on 40mg. I was on 20mg for 9 weeks and have been on 40mg for just over 9 weeks.

The first 3/4 weeks on 40mg i felt numb and emotionless. It's a strange feeling. Also 40mg stops me having highs and lows like i did on 20mg. No extreme moods, highs and lows - just level mood most of the time.

There will still be off days but you know they will pass.

I have continued working since being diagnosed in Dec last year. Not easy some of the time. Do your management know of your illness?

When i couldn't sleep i also took Diazepam. I have now been prescribed Temazepam so no more Diaz for me for now.

I truly hope 40mg will work for you - it should level out your moods once the extra dose gets into your system.

I dreaded what extra side effects i would get also but there is nothing to be scared of. I hope this is of some reassurance.

Let me know how you get on. Must go to bed now - work in the/this morning, gasp.

Best wishes and take care. x :roll:

• Posted

Hi

I was put up to 40mg after only 2 weeks on 20mg. I didn't find much difference in the side effects.

I think the difference was just the intensity of the side effect such as I suffer with nausea which also comes in waves which is the only thing that I have on a daily basis.

I still suffer with insomnia and fatigue and had a little upset stomach twice but nothing that would make me not want to take the flu.

All I can say is that I noticed that my mood lifted a little as the 20mg made no change.

I would say to give the 40mg a go. You might just have the same side effects you had in the beginning or you might not have any as your body might be used to it. Could you maybe take the flu for a couple of days and once you become used to flu then introduce the diazapam??

Hope this helps.

x

• Posted

Hi,

Just would like to thank you for replying to me. It has helped me. Was thinking of stopping the 40mg and going back to 20mg. But will try the 40mg for a bit longer. Feeling a bit dizzy and confused hope it will pass.

Mars xx

• Posted

I am glad I found this post as I have also just been upped from 20mg to 40mg and was wondering what to expect.

Here's to feeling better!!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi Lelly

Welcome to be 40mg club. Sorry you haven't had a good day. Self pity is fine (i read one of your Depression posts - i get around - me. :lol: )

Moaning and whinging are ok too.

If it gets it off your chest (so to speak) and makes you feel a tad better, go for it, we don't mind, honest.

Best wishes, take care and here's to a better day tomorrow.

xx :wink:

• Posted

Cheers Megan pooch,

I just feel guilty when I realise I have been moaning like an old woman over nothing significant.

Truth is, life could be an awful lot worse and is for many people but when you are in the middle of it it does seem like everything is out to get you!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi all

It's my 24th day (I think) on flu (20mg) and I still don't feel any change in my mood - infact I will worse. Do you think I should stay on the 20mg a bit longer or should I ask to be upped to 40? Right now, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I feel I'm in a black hole and trying my best to climb out, only to fall deeper into it :cry:

Thanks all[/code]

• Posted

Hi Behappy,

the best bet is to go back and see the doc. They are in the best position to determine whether you need a dosage change or maybe a different med.

But you need to tell them the truth. if you are not totally honest the cannot help so if you feel like sh1t, say so!

Keep strong,

Lelly xx

• Posted

hiya folks :cheerup:

behappy by all means have a word with your doc again, but im afraid its very early days for you at the moment :? sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks or more for any discernable differences to be felt :shock: :huh: whilst others feel benefits from 'square one' :ok: we're all uniquely different :wink:

look after yourselves folks and keep posting :mrgreen:

eeeeeeeeeeek its just started with thunder and lightning and hailstones here :shock: man the lifeboats, women and children first !!!!!!! :run: :whistle:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow:

• Posted

So Psycho, it is a bit grim up north is it?

Here in the midlands it is spitting with rain but we have had blue skies and aunshine this morning. Just been for a walk and I feel very happy with my lot in life. It is amazing what a bit of fresh air can do!

BTW, look out for falling locusts (lock up yr 1st born).

Lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.