Upcoming colonoscopy on Thursday

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed three months ago and for the last two weeks or so I have been feeling well with normal bowel movements. Have been on low residue diet in preparation for colonoscopy. Have to travel two hours so am going the night before so I can do the fluids only and bowel prep without having to travel. My problem is that today I have developed diarrhea again. I feel ok, just some left sided pain, but I am concerned about going ahead with the prep and colonoscopy.  Thoughts anyone?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely call and tell your Dr.  I had the same thing happen about a week before my colonoscopy and I called the Dr to ask about it and he immediately rescheduled. It was so hard to make it so close and then have a set back! 

Best wishes to you!

• Posted

Does the prep clean you out and eliminate the diarrhea? After going to the trouble of the prep I'd try to go through with the colonoscopy, but I would think the GI doctor should determine that.

• Posted

Call your Doctor and let him know, you should not colonoscopy with left side pain and diarrhea.It can be rescheduled.
  • Posted

Inform to doctor doing the colonoscopy - They will know what to do

They are gentle and will be very careful during the process

Good luck

• Posted

Hi to all. Made it to my colonoscopy and to anyone waiting it was just fine.   Polyps removed and biopsies taken. Have been feeling fine since with normal bm and only slight left sided pain. Hopefully this is the end of this episode at least. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.